Fly Tying
Old Hat

3XFly FTF/FFF Raffle/Fundraiser

Sending off my flies today! Here is a pic of the fly that is goin in. It's called a Fancy Panther. It's a steelhead soft hackle based on one of my favorite spin lures: a red bodied with black spots, gold spooned Panther Martin.

post-12017-1277831668_thumb.jpg

Sweet! Thanks guys. I received 6 packages today, I will enter them and send out confirmations this evening.

I received fly sets from Sjo, NJ All Day, Tidewaterfly, Crackleback, flygirl, agn54 and jared sartini. Way to go! Thanks everyone.

We are at 36 participants currently, some have sent more than just one set so we are close to 50 sets and more on the way. Very Cool.

Glad to see the flies got there. CharleeB is Utyer.

Carl mine are going in the mail tomorrow morning, thanks for hosting this swap I know it has got to be an incredible amount of work. It's for a great cause and my hats off too you!!

Thanks for update C Teeter I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanks Utyer.

3 CdC emergers are ready to go!

Sjo

I was not totally pleased with the CdC emergers and I sent some PTnymphs instead. It's a delta winged variety, I like it very much for fishing faster streams!!

Sjo

No, Sorry Cheri I have not received any yet.

I am going to work on organizing the boxes and getting pictures set up. We will have the raffle hopefully in about a week. So that will give a little more time for the stragling flies to get here.

I got flies from flytyinfreak, nofish and James P. (James send me your handle please) today.

Don't send in anymore flies people. Times up. But there is still a bit of time for those already sent to get here

40 participants. I am contacting people who did not participate to help with the raffle.

I will ask someone to choose a number between 1 and the number of participants.

That number will correspond with a name on a list sent to someone else and that will be the winner of the raffle. This way I won't be involved in the raffle.

Look for the raffle in about a week, I will start a new post when it is ready to go.

I got flies from flytyinfreak, nofish and James P. (James send me your handle please) today.

Don't send in anymore flies people. Times up. But there is still a bit of time for those already sent to get here

40 participants. I am contacting people who did not participate to help with the raffle.

I will ask someone to choose a number between 1 and the number of participants.

That number will correspond with a name on a list sent to someone else and that will be the winner of the raffle. This way I won't be involved in the raffle.

Look for the raffle in about a week, I will start a new post when it is ready to go.

James P. here

Thanks Cencal, I recognized the name just couldn't put a handle to it. Sorry, I should have been able to make that connection. Beautiful flies man.

I have 60 sets of flies organized by type. There is a great variety of all styles. Not too much of anything. Here is a quick picture of all the flies so far. I will get out better pictures before the auction. I will give the rest of the week for lingering flies to arrive and then we'll get busy with the raffle and auction. There really are some superb ties in here ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for those who have contributed and those who are going to bid high for the auction box.

Streamers

P1090087.jpg

Steelhead wets

P1090089.jpg

Wets

P1090090.jpg

Nymphs

P1090091.jpg

Dries

P1090092.jpg

Wow, Carl! Awesome job. Thank you so much for putting it all together and riding herd on the whole thing. Simply amazing ;)

John