Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

W. North Carolina

If I can get free from the fly department at BPS, and get out to fish the French Bread, I'll break out the river canoe that's set up to run the New river in NC/Virginia/most of WV except the lower Gorge section, with a stable safe boat that allows two anglers to stand and fling muskie flies all day without tipping over. It has an outrigger stabilizer setup that will not let the canoe flip over, not even tip over enough to fall over the side. You can stand and move around to get things and they are adjustable to move out of the way and fit through rock squeezes in rapids but if I can keep them delpyed, they stay out for safety and comfort. I propel it with a Minn Kota Endura 46lb trolling motor so I can keep all my energy for fishing and move the canoe and fish at the same time at variable speeds and direction. Don't have to touch a paddle to move. I can carry as much equipment as I please and take on rapids and shallows with equal ease and safety. The trolling motor moves it around quite nice, even while fully loaded for a weekend trip. I hear the smallmouth are biting on the French as long as it doesn't blow out, I may just make it the 22nd. It would be fun to meet some of you guys, almost like a small Riversmallies.com Rodeo. Get together, fish all day, socialize all night. Chase big fish and tell bigger tales, right?!?!

Sounds like a good way to spend a weekend to me!!

Troutbum,

I pick friday the 22 nd. The float will be either the FBroad or up in my neck of thenwoods. Landings and weather will determine where.

I will be off all next week and will fine tune the place.

Travisbass2 if you make it, there is room in the beast for three. One rower and 2 fishers. We can split out boulder avoidance duties if I'm inclined to let others row.

I just need to check landing possibilities.

Irish

Sounds like a plan Dave, I'll e-mail you my phone number in NC in case you lost it from last time. I'm going out fishing tomorrow for the first time since all the storms hit. Hope I remember how to cast. blink.gif

Sign in to follow this