Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Wobble Fly Tying instructions

I am posting this at the request of another member of the Fly Tying Forum ("the wobble fly"). Martie Van Brand is the inventor of the wobble blades for fly tying. He has pulled together a nice file sharing the history of the invention, instructions on how to tye the wobble fly pattern and some impressive photos of fish. I have converted the file into an Adobe PDF file which can be downloaded and printed out for future reference.

If you have any questions about these, please send them to Martie (the wobble fly) and he will be happy to answer them.

post-4573-1273457484_thumb.jpg

Wobble Fly Tying Instructions (downloadable file):

Wobble_Fly_Tying_Instructions.pdf

very nicely done....

Thanks stalker, Here in Holland the wobble fly on large hooks(6/0) they went crazy last winter for pike. Today started in finland a pikefly contest(international). And yes, the wobble fly is also there(the flies). You can put the large blade on every pattern you fish. But you have to make sure that the hook is bend for downforce gravity(and the rotation wil stop imediately). If there are more questions let me know.

The smaller wobble flies size4 to 10 are fished for seatrout, rainbows, brown, bass, zander. The large ones are like a magnet to tarpon GT and stripers. And the casting is not a problem, they are so light in weight. Only the blade gives friction while casting.

I also tie very small swimming wobble flies. There are so many free living nymphes, so gife yourselve the insperation. with a split shot i give the fly the weight to reach the waterlayer where te real nymphes are to hatch. with small intervals i hold the line, then the wobble fly wil swim like a real nymph. This I repeat the whole drift, and on the end with small retrieves along the bankside towards me. This is more then only bumping on the bottom.

martie