Fly Tying
troutdogg

Latex or similar material for shellbacks - Czech Nymph

Guys, i am looking to buy in bulk some material for Czech Nymphs. I came across a web post that someone found some material on EBay used in the Garment Industry for strapping and elastic banding for sports wear but I cannot find the post. Any idea were this stuff can be found in bulk (Yards)? Its roughly 4mm wide and a clear latex like material thats very thin. You might have seen it on some of your wives clothing............... :rolleyes:

Try twoheartedflies.com he has every thing you need as well as a crap ton of info on czech nymphs

Wow - what is that...about 3500 scuds? More like 7000 if you split it lengthwise...

I love eBay

I noticed that if you zoom in on the stuff in flytire's link, it has an embossed texture. That might provide an interesting effect.

Any good fabric store has it buy the yard. Most is cheaper then EBay. Anything similar to a store here www.Maryjos.com

I go with wife and always come out with something. They have nude/beige and pink colors both are super for scuds, caddis, mayflies.

Sorry to say, ask your wife, she knows more then these guys.

Last time I was at the dentist I noticed the dental dam thing they were using had a nice green color so I asked for it when they were done, perfect for caddis nymphs.