Fly Tying

Hey Adrian,

Good to hear from you again. I'm glad you like it.

I have a better picture where color and details are better.....for those who like modelled flies that is ofcourse :blink:

I blended off the dark green for the most part and made it a lighter green, yellowish gold.

Detailhopper.jpg

Greets Paul

Fantasic "Tie" Paul!!!

You likely don't know me from Sam, but I've been a member here since 2004. I just prefer to lurk and take in all the going's on without throwing-in my 2 cents...that's just me I supose? I'm certain that I can tell that you spent alot of time on this one...well worth the effort and time you put into itI'd say.

I love the detail and colours!. Certainly seems fit for "National Geographic magazine".

Funny though "Fred" didn't reply?...Okay, well? mabey he did in his own unique round-about/self-serving way 10 days later?. He posted pics of his own "inferior" though be it "correct in his eyes" "Tied" version... I like your's better!

His lack of respect for your creation re-enforces in my own mind his determined resolve to be regarded as the "King of the Hill" in respects to Realistic fly tying/modeling he he!!!

Fred can attack me all he wants, I have thick skin and don't tie "super-realistics" anyways!. I just know when I like a fly.

Good work and keep up with your superb art.

Henry

Henry,

Thnx so much for your compliment on my fly...it's much apreciated. Yes it does take a lot of time but who cares? I love every minute of it.

The thing is that it only gets worse. Every time a fly is finished I'll start thinking about what to do next and every new fly will be a little better than the previous one....more details, better colors so more hours spent.

Fred should just leave the black/white thinking for what it is. Help someone if they want to and do whatever you like. The fact that Realistic flytying has no rules is just the thing I like best about it. Every other form of flytying will tell you how long and where tails and hackles should be, nobody will tell you how to tie a praying mantis.....you just figure out how...if you are nuts enough to even wanna do that ofcourse ;) .....I know I am.

Next will be a flying version of a hopper....more workk...looking forward to it ;)

Greets Paul

Seeing the 2nd posting Paul I have to say that this is an amazing tying, its always good to see your work.

Looking forward to seeing the next one

Tight threads Paul

Mike......................... B)

Hey Paul

you really want me crazy! but.......can jump?!?

Hello

Fede

So you can't fish it then? Is the head formed over the eye or was the eye cut off? If there is no eye, why have the hook point, or maybe this is a silly question but why even tie it on a hook in the first place?

The eye was removed in this case. Somethimes it's cut off in other cases the head will be formed around it....depends on the pattern.

The (extreme/ultra/hyper whatever you wanna call it) realistic stuff will never see any water. It's flytying for the fun of flytying. I do need the hook to hold everything and to hold in the vice. Depending on what you want with the end result sometimes the bend and poit of the hook will be removed as well.

In my work the will stay intact.

Greets Paul

Amazing - absolutely jaw dropping! Every time I seem to think I've seen it all, another fly shows up that simply blows me away. Hats off to your artistry!!

The (extreme/ultra/hyper whatever you wanna call it) realistic stuff will never see any water. It's flytying for the fun of flytying.

I understand the fact that it won't see any water. Atlantic Salmon and Classic flies won't either but they are still functional as fishing flies. Don't get me wrong, this is a great representation of a grasshopper but tying it on a hook seems akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

You are very talented and do great work, I guess I just have some trouble with things being labeled as a fly if they are not functional for fishing. I would personally label it as an amazing model of grasshoper. But hey maybe its a Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to type of thing.

Hey Paul. That's one fine hopper! Looks like something of "Biblical Proportions". I love the translucency and the layering. The legs are really superb. Great work!

Bruce C