Fly Tying
johan-p

Shrimp tied by a friend.

Kudos to your friend Johan great job spots and all

hello paul, the spots will dissapeare when boiling the schrimp. it will be a concept, i am not satisfied about the swimmer legs. I have to make a dozen of hours to do the job. On the flyfair of holland I will show the chinese take a way schrimp.

martie van den brand

www.thewobblefly.com

First of all,

thanks johan for the post.

Jeremy, i like more whiskey with some schrimps and some grashoppers of Paul.

Gustaf, the fly tasted great.

british mike, thanks

riversteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheadslayer. the spots came from santa clause(i do not know how they appeare)

martie

Brilliant tying Martie & there's some stunning fish on your site which I've passed onto another forum in the U.K.

Martie send me a pair of pics.

When a tyer goes through a new material and work it out tying new patterns is always interesting. This is the case of Martie and his shrimps. I think they deserve some attention from us and for sure to try this new material.

Andrés.

post-12648-1276619646_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1276619662_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andrès for the posting.

It still wil be A concept. Searching for the ultimate materials I am looking for goes further. Translucent is very difficult, but almost there. The secret is how to handle the materials. The concept about the legs of the schrimps is oke, also the colouring. The shellback is optima forma now. The small swimmerlegs where the eggs are holding could be better, only the tail section is not sathisfied yet. The next concept will be A sea horse or snail, also translucent.

thanks for all, and respect for all.

martie

Are you sure you would eat a shrimp with such spots on it's body?

yeah you don't want to be eating the herpe shrimp

..yes I also agree with the others very nicely tied, however, just a question please...

..with the hook facing below the actual body, will it not get snagged when fishing the shrimp on the bottom..

..and if so would it not be logical to have the hook bend/barb facing up above the body, thus the shrimp will ride in it's proper way...of course a bit of lead or tungsten would be added under the body material to make it ride properly...AW