Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishigan

TrailBlazer EXT

Looking for a new vehicle. Wife said NO about a Nissan Titan. I did a lot of begging too. But...since she will be the primary driver...... cry.gif we looked at a new trailblazer ext. I have gotten mixed opinions about these. Does anyone here own one and would you A) reccommend one? or B)buy another one?

I would recommend the Trailblazer, but not the Trailblazer EXT. The EXT is 16 inches longer and weights about 450 lbs. more. You can get it with a v8, but I have heard from co-workers that even with that option it seems underpowered. Plus with the extra lenght it seems less stable on ramps or in high winds. Now the regular Trailblazer is wonderful. Rides and handles well. As long as you don't need a third seat, I would steer you towards the Trailblazer. The only knock I have heard from friends on the regular Trailblazer is that it does not have that much clearance if you are planning on going off roading.

Good luck in your shopping.

My wife has a GMC. Envoy which is the same thing as a Chevy Trailblazer, but not the EXT.

She likes it alot.

OSD.

My wife just bought the GMC XUV and she loves it. I had the chance to take it through several situations and the ride is awesome. Mileage isn't too bad either

At $8500 off the sticker, it's almost affordable bs.gif

My dad had a 2001 Envoy and he would have bought another, but needed more room.

I test drove one last night. I really gotta have have the 3rd seat. I tell ya what...I'm 6'3" and I sat in the 3rd row and had some room to move. Since the wife will be driving it going off road is not an issue. I have been doing a lot of vehicle driving and so far this is at the top of the list.

My mom has one and "we" love it. It's not all that great for vacation with more then 5 people but it does the job. We miss our van though dry.gif . We also pulled our 17 ft boat and 12 foot pop up and it's very nice ride and you barely know your trailoring anything. BTW, this is the ext. We have had it off the road several times and it handles nice but I would have to go with the smaller one. Also, it's not bad for a weekend getaway if you plan on staying in one. I borrowed my parents and stay in it for almost a week and really enjoyed it.

I would have bought one myself but I needed something with a little more ground clearance and not such a huge gas tank. Of coarse with being in college and going back and fourth with stuff I sort of wish I could have got the smalller trailblazer.

Oh, and like shoe said, the ride is AWSOME. You think your doing 45 but your really doing 55 sometimes rolleyes.gif Gotta watch that!

I had one home for an overnight visit. The ground clearance is not much to speak of. But I doubt it will go off road anyway. I want the 4wd for the wife in the snow. But I did read an article about it in motor trend. It said......

"Our guess is that there will be many SUV buyers looking for the added space and seating capacity but don't want to jump into the larger categories of the Suburbans or Expeditions."

yadda yadda yadda yot yot yot...

"What does it all mean? Maybe little, other than GM is hoping there are people who want to stay out of minivans so badly, they're willing to pay the extra money for a stretch midsize. "

BINGO! On both counts.

On a good note...

One of the relatives is a mechanic at a Chevy Dealer and he mentions the lack of them in their service department.

Well thanks for all of the input. We have looked at bunch of different vehicles in the last week. So far the TB is still at the top. It just fits our needs the best. I can't go to the next size up in vehicles. To much of a price jump etc. etc. And this is the only vehicle in this range on the market with a functional 3rd row seat. It is also the only one with a 3rd row seat that leaves room for some groceries. ohmy.gif I mean waders and fly gear for the trips with the guys!.

I'd go with a jeep.

If there is one thing I'd have to argue I love more than fishing it would be jeep CJs.

user posted image

user posted image

Well... after a ton of research, hours and hours on the web and phone, and after I finished me 15th test drive of the week, we have finally come to decision on the next family vehicle. Looks like I'll be working a little O.T. with John for a few months.

user posted image

I guess thats the benefit of salary. dry.gif

It's a Toyota SEQUOIA.

More cash than I wanted to spend, but it has all the room we need for now and into the future. I have 1 going into the teens and 1 right behind that. Since the wife and I are both about 6'3" we just assume are kids will be close to that. I'm the shortest one in my family.

Besides that I just talked to my dad on the phone a couple of hours ago and when he said the OD reading on his Toyota rolled to 325,000

yesterday, that sealed the deal for me. His vehicle has only been in for routine service, brakes etc...

I should add I won't be getting a spanking new one. 1-2 yrs old with less than 30,000 miles.