Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJ All Day

Bass Tournaments...

i am cool with bass tournaments no problem against it since they dont harm the fish. i even participate in a few in my kayak with the fly rod.

I'm all about getting along, minding my own business, and being considerate of others.

It just happened that throughout a lifetime of fishing, the major negative experiences I have had all involved tournament fishing. It's a personal thing, I don't like NASCAR-Fishing. By it's very nature, it is the opposite of being considerate and quiet.

So very true that there are A-holes in every part of life.

Recently I spent four years in the deepest armpit of the southeast, where bass fishing is IT. I've dealt with all kind of ignorant fools regarding fly fishing. My best fishing buddy down there has won every tournament in the Ga, Al, Fl area, and fished well in many of the national level tournaments. This dude can just flat catch bass... any conditions, any environment, he will catch fish. He learned a lot of it through tournament fishing. He gave it up though because he said it just wasn't fun anymore. I agree.

I fish to get away from noise and stress, not to add more.

That's about how I feel about it.

To each thier own I guess I know what I enjoy and Ill stick to it.

To each thier own I guess I know what I enjoy and Ill stick to it.

It's all good. I'm just an anti-social grump-ass.

LOL.. No matter what, We will always have idiots in every aspect of fishing, and I do agree that tournament bass fishing does bring out some of the hot head competetive guys that are just out there to prove they are better than everyone and that really dont care about the sport or anyone else for that matter, But there are alot of great people associated with tournament fishing and I will always be a part of it.

HOWEVER, On a side note: The reason I took up fly fishing was to be able to get out and fish in peace by myself without being around noise or agressive anglers with huge egos, etc... So I do understand both sides of this and everyone has their opinions and are entitled to it!

Get out and fish, anyway you know how! Just try to remember to have fun and keep an open mind..

Cheers,

Chris

LOL.. No matter what, We will always have idiots in every aspect of fishing, and I do agree that tournament bass fishing does bring out some of the hot head competetive guys that are just out there to prove they are better than everyone and that really dont care about the sport or anyone else for that matter, But there are alot of great people associated with tournament fishing and I will always be a part of it.

HOWEVER, On a side note: The reason I took up fly fishing was to be able to get out and fish in peace by myself without being around noise or agressive anglers with huge egos, etc... So I do understand both sides of this and everyone has their opinions and are entitled to it!

Get out and fish, anyway you know how! Just try to remember to have fun and keep an open mind..

Cheers,

Chris

I can relate to this. I have grown up bass fishing and always will bass fish. But I have picked up fly fishing and find it more relaxing and enjoyable and actually have been fly fishing a lot more then bass fishing. They are both equally fun to me though. I have only bass fished competitively once and don't plan on doing it again. I've been told it takes the fun out of bass fishing and its hard to ever enjoy bass fishing once you get into tournament fishing. I fish for pure fun of the sport whether its using spinning tackle or a fly rod. I just like to feel the tug of a fish on the other end. The aspect I have really enjoyed with fly fishing is the fly tying part! Being able to tie your own flies and catch fish on them is what makes fly fishing so enjoyable for me and been making me go fly fishing more then bass fishing lately.