Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishkill

fun day fishing

I have been super busy lately, moving apts, family, my wife graduated college and got a J-O-B!! Recently I have been able to get out of the house and catch some of the good fishing we are having on the Texas coast and farther inland. Here are a few pics from last Sat. Looking forward to getting my vice set up and restocking some of the flys I lost last year! Im looking forward to sharing some flies and maybe a few swaps this year.

post-12078-1275940602_thumb.jpg

post-12078-1275940639_thumb.jpg

post-12078-1275940669_thumb.jpg

post-12078-1275940698_thumb.jpg

GREAT pics! Sweet looking reel and is that a lady fish in the closeup..someone is going to have a good feed of specks too!

Some nice looking trout! What type of fly is that in the pic? Pink seems to drive trout crazy.

Wright & McGill reel. Reliance. Its discontinued and I cant get another spool! Anyone got an 8wt spool for a reasonable price? Or the plastic needle bearing in the reel? I cant seem to get that one anywhere.

Pink ep minnow!

I made a tomatoe sauce with chopped black olives, garlic and capocollo. Poured it over 2 fillets seasoned with coarse black pepper and sea salt with a little cheddar on top. Popped a Rio Blanco pale ale. And watched the new Tosh.O. Today was a good day!

Man I hate you!!! that sounds awesome good on you for doing something nice with the fish and for future reference a more detailed recipe would be nice :headbang:

Steve