Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
biginjapan

reel recommendation

hi guys

recently got access to a boat and some inshore flyfishing as a result- thing is i'm going to need some sinking lines for the 10wt, but i dont want to be shelling out a couple of hundred bucks for a spare spool (ideally i'd like 3). mostly i'll be after seabass (they dont usually get as big as stripers) but may need the good drag for some baby tuna or yellowtail.

I had a look at the loop multi reels but cant find any reviews on them, so open to any recommednations

thanks in advance

marty

I have an Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor that I use for inshore in Fl and I love it. Very smooth drag and light weight. You may be better off looking at the Battenkill Large Arbor for the 10 wt.

thanks guys, i've heard some good things about the battenikil LA, and the spools arent too dear either. it'd be bcheaper to buy it then spools fopr my waterworks.

i've never tried a casette style reel, are they ok? i've got a lack of confidence in the system to be honest, is it unfounded?

marty