Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

Midnight Minnow

I tied these up fpr the FTF fundraiser. I usually put some Flexament around the head and eyes. I find it helps the fly maintain its profile a little better when stripped.

Good looking streamer, I love black and purple/blue! That is a great looking hook, don't think I've seen that one before. The recipe says SF for the wing; is that Slinky Fiber?

Kirk

Good looking streamer, I love black and purple/blue! That is a great looking hook, don't think I've seen that one before. The recipe says SF for the wing; is that Slinky Fiber?

Kirk

Thanks guys. Kirk, it's Steve Farrar's Flashblend which is a blend of slinky fiber and angel hair. Here is how to make it, if you want to do it yourself. I just buy pre-packaged Flashblend, I don't think there is much difference in price than if you make it yourself. The hook is a Mustad C70S D, it's a 2x heavy hook which helps the fly get down a little in the water column, especially since the Flashblend, like EP fibers, sheds water on the backcast.