Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rugbyfisherman

Fly Tyers Dungeon - Dealer Program and the Mad Scientist

Hi everyone,

A few of weeks ago I placed an order at FTD. Having been my first order from the site I had no idea that an order of over $190 qualified me for the dealer discount (25% off). I e-mailed the mad scientist directly and he refunded my paypal transaction and said he would calculate my discount and e-mail me back on Monday - which was 3 Monday's ago! I have tried e-mailing him to ask how my order is coming along and nothing in return. I really would appreciate a reply so I can re-send the funds and get my order. Can't wait to tie some bass and pike flies with my 39 colour congo hair set!

Is this normal? Does he reply to e-mails? It just seems un-businesslike.

Lots of threads about this guy and the simple answer is it's slow but well worth it. I've ordered from him twice and it take weeks and weeks to get your order up here but he always sends you extra stuff and the quality is top notch. This is also a side job for him that he does out of his house I believe he still has a full time job elsewhere. When he's around he'll email you right away but sometimes it takes a few day to get a response. I don't know how you ordered over $190 of stuff my last order was under $30 and it filled a box. Your going to be like a kid on Christmas when that much stuff rolls through your door.

It has been more than 3 weeks since I have gotten an e-mail response! :huh:

Anyone heard from him lately? This is getting slightly crazy

it took 2 months for me to receive my order and no matter how many times I emailed, He never replied. I just eventually just the package in the mail.. Great products and great Prices but HORRIBLE customer service.. So basically you have to accept that you won't get your stuff for a long time, if you want his great prices... I think he would do REALLY REALLY well if he just made an attempt to better his customer service. He could even just hire someone to reply to emails and help with billing.. and his customer base would double..

Not sure what you could do other than wait and hope he eventually replies..

Cheers,

Chris

Maybe the next order we ask from him we should ask about getting some one to answer emails on a regular basis, and ya let him know that just that would make his sales boom..

I spoke to him just yesterday on the phone. I know he has been super busy the last few weeks with the memorial day special he ran he blew out a ton more stuff than he had even dreamed about and is trying to get things back in line again. Your best bet would bee to just give hi a ring his number is on the site and if he does not answer I have never had a problem with him returning a call in less than 24 hrs.

Steve

I got my order and there where tonnes of extras. He usually responds to all my emails overnight. I would recommend picking up the phone and give him a call.