Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smalliestalker

Froggie went a quarting......

New deer hair frog.....Double weedguard....deer head, super still collar, rabbit strip back legs, separated by a 30lb mono loop, some marabou back there as well, rubber legs in front, rattling doll eyes, epoxy on the belly to hold in downward and give it a shine....Worked a champ.....

post-22995-1277129145_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1277129155_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1277129167_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1277129176_thumb.jpg

Fly looks awesome Pat. What does the title mean ? Froggie went quarting.....

Great looking pattern . Can't wait to try one on the LMBs down here. From now until Sept. frog immatations are what we throw almost exclussively (sp) .

Fred

Beautiful fly and proof is in the picture that it is beautiful to the fish to. Who said good looking flies are just for fishermen!?

Two questions:

What kind of hook is that?

While I know fish take these while at rest, on retrieve below the surface or anywhere between, what was the fly doing when this fish took it?

Kirk

Wow, incredible work. Really tightly packed hair, and perfectly straight packing of the colors. I always struggling packing straight, the colors tend to be just a little off center. Very nice....

Tom

I cast the frog to the bank and strip it in to the water from land....It was at rest when it was slammed....thanks everyone for the kind words....

"Froggy went a courting" was also used in a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Jerry's uncle? was a western singer and kept breaking his "geetar" strings. He used Tom's whiskers as a replacement. I was raised by a 25" Zenith and the Hostess company. Great bug by the way.

very nice!

always love seeing a nice, tightly packed dh popper, nothing better.

Can relate to the stiff weedguards too. I fish some pressured water with lots of stuff; pads, trees, stumps, branchs, etc. and without chucking flies in the thick of it I wouldnt catch many bass. Double weed guards almost essential.