Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taylor B. Hess

The River Walker

oh somethin about this one has my attention Are you using the hackle for whiskers? oooo or barbules for a catfish... dude i am going to try this in a dark brown/black color its almost time for cat babies

oh somethin about this one has my attention Are you using the hackle for whiskers? oooo or barbules for a catfish... dude i am going to try this in a dark brown/black color its almost time for cat babies

actually I found this pattern from New Zealend. A guide over there recomended this fly to my sister's fiance, and he brought it back stateside where we used it for trout here in PA. We werent fishing for the dumb hatchery fish. We were on the Falling Springs Branch and West Antietam Branch for wild bows and browns. They really liked the tie. I think because it was something new and it looks like a drowned or insect. Its must have for a late spring fly box. If you get caught out in the wind, its a great pattern. I'm glad you're interested. If you want I'll send you one or two to have a visual.

Heres a nice brown that I caught on the pattern. Just dead drift it in on the edges of rocks and between boulders when it gets hot out. The trout sit and ambush it. Hope it works for ya!

post-22633-1277818008_thumb.jpg

post-22633-1277818072_thumb.jpg