Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deesox

Bug-Bond for realistic tying

Looks like great stuff. It's a little pricey though. $140.00 US is a lot of scratch. Maybe you could post a couple tutorials on YouTube. Do you offer a hard version for making spoons and hard heads?

Looks like great stuff. It's a little pricey though. $140.00 US is a lot of scratch. Maybe you could post a couple tutorials on YouTube. Do you offer a hard version for making spoons and hard heads?

I'm back off holiday so apologies for not replying sooner... It is great stuff... but hey I'm biased! Tho' I'm not sure where you got $140US for Bug-Bond from as the kit retails for £59.95GBP which equates to about $95US and if you chose to purchase the 21UVLED from the US... well the diy kit is significantly lower and probably the cheapest entry into light cured acrylic with the highest grade of material on the market... tack-free in 3.5 seconds. Flytyings first tack-free light cured material and one that has been tested for over 12 months!

Hard heads I assume you are talking surf candies???

I'm back off holiday so apologies for not replying sooner... It is great stuff... but hey I'm biased! Tho' I'm not sure where you got $140US for Bug-Bond from as the kit retails for £59.95GBP which equates to about $95US and if you chose to purchase the 21UVLED from the US... well the diy kit is significantly lower and probably the cheapest entry into light cured acrylic with the highest grade of material on the market... tack-free in 3.5 seconds. Flytyings first tack-free light cured material and one that has been tested for over 12 months!

Hard heads I assume you are talking surf candies???

I entered the amount into googles convrsion and $140.00 US is what it told me. I wasn't referring to surf candies, but just a hard version that would be a good epoxy substitute.

There's a page on facebook with video's tutorial's etc just use the search facility at the top of the page.

There's a page on facebook with video's tutorial's etc just use the search facility at the top of the page.

I don't do the facebook thing. Forums are as close to social networks as I get.

I don't do the facebook thing. Forums are as close to social networks as I get.

This may help http://www.youtube.com/BugBondUVCuredResin and this also Flickr Photostream oh and this also Squid tutorial

I've yet to do a realistic... maybe Johan can show me at the BFFI! Or indeed Paul!