Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smalliestalker

Tiger Musky

try using some 50-80lb fluoro as a bite tippet i was using 50lb last week on pike and took about 8 fish to ruin the leader before retying, just a thought as its a bit more forgiving then the steel leaders and helps turn over the bigger flies imo.

I am big believer of some 40 or 50 lb suffix siege, a bit stiff and super abrasion resistant. Super nice ties though, great job man.

Steve

Recipe.....Well there is no name as it was one of my fumblings with thread and furry stuff.....But here it goes...Mustad 34011 2/0 hook, 10 wraps .25 lead, white 210 denier waxed thread, tail is white bucktail, clear flash.....belly is white estaz.....from belly up....yellow, tan, orange, olive bucktail, peacock hurl....eyes...epoxy....hope that makes it work for you...thanks...

Thanks Pat! Great pattern. I liked it so much I downloaded your materials list and made a reference I can print out and use at my tying table (I hope you don't mind - if you do, just say so and I will remove it). I plan to call it "Cohen's Keeper" bucktail and add a few of these to my bass and steelhead box. I've had really good success with bucktails on both species.

CohensKeeperBucktailStreamer.pdf

Real nice stuff! Check out the Widow Angel series of flies by Simon Graham if you are looking to expand your already impressive arsenal.