Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taylor B. Hess

Tying with wiggle eyes

Just thought I'd mess around with some of the cheap craft store eyes. These flies are effective for trout, smallmouth, and walleye. The eyes really give it a life-like look and it seems the fish love em.

post-22633-1279382899_thumb.jpg

post-22633-1279382927_thumb.jpg

post-22633-1279382963_thumb.jpg

Sorry, can't remember, I got these at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They're kinda big but they finally are getting colored ones. I was tryin to get'em to stock clear cure goo, the fast UV epoxy...Ever noticed they swell and pop sometimes in hot sun. But can be replaced easily ever often...I scratch the back'o'em wit sand paper to get'em to glue better.

Later DL

IMG_6643.JPG

Sorry, can't remember, I got these at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They're kinda big but they finally are getting colored ones. I was tryin to get'em to stock clear cure goo, the fast UV epoxy...Ever noticed they swell and pop sometimes in hot sun. But can be replaced easily ever often...I scratch the back'o'em wit sand paper to get'em to glue better.

Later DL

IMG_6643.JPG

Haha! Nice. thats the same brand I use and I haven't expeirimented much with them but so far they work well. Thanks for the tip!