Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFish84

Going to Go Fish Raquette Lake for the week!!!!!

im going on vacation this week up to northen ny to Raquette Lake. im looking on some info on if i should bring a sink tip for my fly rod and what are some flys i should have in my box, there is large and small mouth bass, brrokies, browns, and lake trout, perch, sunnys, pikrel and pike, im more of a bass and gill fishermen, but would not mind tring to hook a pike or some trout, the mean depth of the lake is 40 feet, but gets to 90 but lots of weed beds and rock ledge walls, ill mostly stay in 10 to 40 feet of water. ill be in a kayak so wont go to far, ill be using an 8wt fly rod that has a floating line on it, i dont have a sink tip, so dont kno what to pick up

im going on vacation this week up to northen ny to Raquette Lake. im looking on some info on if i should bring a sink tip for my fly rod and what are some flys i should have in my box, there is large and small mouth bass, brrokies, browns, and lake trout, perch, sunnys, pikrel and pike, im more of a bass and gill fishermen, but would not mind tring to hook a pike or some trout, the mean depth of the lake is 40 feet, but gets to 90 but lots of weed beds and rock ledge walls, ill mostly stay in 10 to 40 feet of water. ill be in a kayak so wont go to far, ill be using an 8wt fly rod that has a floating line on it, i dont have a sink tip, so dont kno what to pick up

This is of no help to you but my buddy who can hardly shoot a fly 15ft didn't catch a thing the last time he went. He was targeting bass with buggers and sum topwater terrestrial/popper patterns. Most fish I catch are usually on shorter casts but for some reason this kid never seems to catch JACK.

He did tell me that he hooked into some nice lookin brookies on the saginaw river/stream.. He mainly uses buggers so I'm going to assume thats what he was hookin them with. But if I were you I'd totally fish the saginaw.

Wish I could help you more, sorry buddy But good luck!

This is of no help to you but my buddy who can hardly shoot a fly 15ft didn't catch a thing the last time he went. He was targeting bass with buggers and sum topwater terrestrial/popper patterns. Most fish I catch are usually on shorter casts but for some reason this kid never seems to catch JACK.

He did tell me that he hooked into some nice lookin brookies on the saginaw river/stream.. He mainly uses buggers so I'm going to assume thats what he was hookin them with. But if I were you I'd totally fish the saginaw.

Sagimore** Sorry bout that.

Wish I could help you more, sorry buddy But good luck!