Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Home from Heart Attack

Had a major heart attack Friday morning. I'm home as of about 15 minutes ago. Still a go for all my swaps, but may not be posting as often due to recovery time and fatigue. Coronary artery was 90-95% blocked along with 60% blockages in several other major arteries....I'll be fine in a day or two...lol! Happy birthday to me, I suppose!

BDH, sorry to hear about the heart attack. I had one about 8 yrs ago, the result was a lot of life changing. Take care of yourself, so you are there to take care of the little ones. Im prayin for you .

Your too young to be having that happen Chris. Follow the docs orders, lay down the smokes, get some more exercise and start eating better. I know I'm really not one to talk with the way I live my life :blink: but you don't need to be dealing with heart issues before your even 40 yrs old that's for sure.

Steve

Take care of yourself, and get better quick. Long walks by a quiet stream are always good. Get out there as soon as the doc says its alright.

Chris , I hope you get to feeling better soon. Man what a wake up call something like this can be. Take care of yourself my friend.

Fred

WOW Chris sorry to hear that you had a heart attack. I hope that modern medicine and new procedures they used today can get you thorough this.

Good Luck

Floyd

I sit here, teary eyed, and with humble heart, and sincerely thank all of you for your great well wishes. It happened about 10 am Friday morning. I was digging day lillies and getting ready to landscape around our fire pit area. It was a project I wanted to get done before the afternoon so I could treat Jamie and the kids to an evening at the lake. I had been having chest pains for about a week, but chalked it up to a deep muscle pull from manhandling a non-compliant during a cell extraction. Wishful thinking I suppose. Jamie had the daycare at full steam that morning. I came into the house and calmly told her I was having a heart attack and to meet me at the hospital when she could. I drove the three or so miles to the local ER and told them what was happening...an hour later I was in the Cath Lab with the ol' Rotor rooter cleaning the way for stints. Doctor later told me if I had waited just 20 minutes, I would have been DRT (Dead Right There).

For those of you who have never had this kind of life changing event, let me tell you..it's hell. I lay on that gurney in the ER, feeling my heart literally stop, and all I could think of were my kids. I kept telling the doctor, the brother of one of my fellow officers, that I was dying, and to help me that I had a baby. I have been shot, stabbed, been thrown out of moving vehicles at high speeds, have survived one bout of minor cancer, and charge into cells with killers and crazies on a weekly basis, and NONE of that was a scary as me leaving my wife and children. Here I go with the tears, again. Sorry...but I have already cut back on the smokes (5 today....down from 2 1/2 packs a day) and the grilled tilapia I had for dinner was exquisite.

If you're at risk of heart disease, please, do yourself and your loved ones a HUGE favor and get screened. Your very life may depend on it! If you won't do it for yourself, do it for your kids, your wife, your mother, your brothers, and for me. I have yet to meet most of my forum buddies, but it would mean the world to me if you just did it for me.

Life is beautiful....

post-20880-1283210618_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1283210677_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1283210722_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1283210793_thumb.jpg