Fly Tying
BigDaddyHub

Home from Heart Attack

Alrighty then! Good to see you are gettin taken care of! Still gonna keep you in prayerand Here's the kicker: QUIT SMOKIN NOW!!![/b] Like yesterday! I'll give you a week to go from 5 to ZERO, or I take a little drive and show up on your doorstep! Yah! you heard me, the freak campin on your porch with his full bore smoke-nazi battleplan in go mode! I'll ave ya smoke free in 72 hours baby! Now you gotta ask yourself" Do I really want some addled Christian soon to be recovery minister camped out on my porch doin the smoke dance in nothin but waders, a tutu and one of those big foam cowboy hats?" I don't think so hubbity bubbity man! We enjoy your company, commraderie and your kick ass flies soooooo, QUit smokin ok? pretty please?

Sir , YES SIR! :headbang:

Yay team! Glad you see the humor in it brother. We love you dearly, even if we've never met. Prayers and best wishes. I smoked for 20 years and quit 3 years ago, (now you know why I'm such a cigarette-nazi). it was the best thing I ever did, If you can afford it and have health care, get some Chantix. It worked for me (only took 3 weeks) and I tried EVERYTHING before to no avail. Its hard but in the long run you'll be one happy camper1 and ust think of all the fly tyin material you can buy with the spare cig money! :yahoo: :headbang: :bugeyes:

I hope you have a speedy recovery! I stopped smoking 6 months ago when my youngest son was born and it's one of the best things i have ever done. Just get plenty of flies tyed and some rest, hope you are better soon!

john.

CHRIS!! Holy Cow!! Glad you are home and recovering. My husband went through it a year ago June. It took me 3 hours to talk him into letting me take him to the hospital. STUBBORN!

When do you start cardio rehab? Make sure you do it, best thing for you and will get you in a regular exercise routine. My guy is now riding road bike 50+ miles a week and off all heart meds. That and he quit smoking the day of the attack. I have finally quit too and will be 3 months smober next week. Best thing I have ever done for myself and I don't know why I waited so long!! I feel so great.

You take it easy man and rest and love on thoses babies, quit smoking for them if not for yourself. They need you!

Wow. I sincerely hope you're feeling better. Everyone will be on your ass about the smokes. I will second the Freak's Chantix idea. I only took it for 28 days. It sucks, but it works. It's been almost 2 1/2 years since I had one and don't let anyone tell you the cravings go away. It's a tough battle.

My son (just over 2 years old at the time) grabbed my pant leg as I was walking out the door one morning. He was trying to tell me that I'd forgotten part of my clothes. He had my lighter and pack of Camels in his hands. That was my sign to hang it up. Yours was much scarier.

Stay well.

gpd4

Chris, man, sorry to hear this! :(

You take care of yourself & do what the doctors tell you! I'll be adding you to my prayers!

Man! What a close call - welcome back for sure! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you - you're to young to leave now. Also, you're an uplifting kind of person that isn't easy to find these days.

Take it easy,

Kirk

Dammit you're not allowed to do :poop: like that! At least not until I have been down to Kentucky to show you how to catch bass.

But for real- I am thankful you got a second chance and a wakeup call. I hope you stop with the smokes. You and your family are in our prayers. Make the best of it. My Dad had a massive HA when he was 50. He was basically dead for 3 days with machines breathing and pumping his blood for him. They ripped him open and did 4 bypasses of his coronary arteries. 22+ years later and he is still with us. Not always easy or in good condition, but modern medicine will do you well, if you cooperate.

Hug them kids and make sure they know how much you love them. That means everybody.

How ya feelin today bud?

Physically, I'm fine...just black and blue in the groin from the stints, but mentally I'm in "survival" mode....it's a rare emotionally state that Correction Officers get after a major incident...like a violent assault or a riot.....just a little paranoid...being sedated and not in control of the situation has left me a little "antsy". but I've been through this before...it, too, shall pass....may take a few days...every little pain has me screaming on the inside and I seem to be keenly aware of EVERYTHING around me...it's kinda odd...almost laughable...It's like I'm peering around corners looking for the next clot or occlusion. Hard sometimes to deviate from my training. I have been trained to react to certain life threatening situations in certain ways, but in this situation, there's nothing you can do except what the DR tells you...it's odd.....it's hard to explain....but I bet a few old cops and vets know what I mean.just one of those things....but I ramble.....But I'm good! Gonna be gettin' better everyday!

I can't beleive all the well wishers....Each post warms my heart and soul....GREAT folks on this site...Great floks indeed!

And Joel....if you come down here chucking those great deer hair ties of yours at my bass, I swear I'll have you arrested! There won't be a bass in the Commonwealth that wouldn't be sore mouthed by those ties, man!

Well just hang in there man. And you KNOW the most imprtant thing is to stop smoking. Trust me I know its hard as hell...but get this, I have had 5 packs in the last 3 months! Yep I'm putting them down myself. It sucks but put your mind to it, look at those little kids and your wife, and you can do it :headbang:

In 3 months I normally would have had over 100 packs, but I've only had 5 packs. So if I can do it anyone can man.

Wanna know what gave me the idea to do it? guess who else had Heart problems 3 months ago? Bob (OSD) that's what made me rethink my smoking.

I quit to as you know bro and trust me its hard but well worth it now I can walk 5 miles on the river and not be so out of breath I have to sit down

get your ass better or I will have to pack up some ninjas and come down there and mess you up