Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyHub

Twilight Popper 2010

Thank you , Henry.This one is by far one of the better ones outta the group. It's been a very productive color for me during the twilight hours on the creeks for years. Gloss black with a pale yellow or light pink belly also turns many6 heads in the dying light of the evening. The yellow on this one almost glows in the gloom. This is an updated version of a pattern I put up in the database several years ago when we just had a few members....a big step up from that first pattern. If I could airbrush, I would be sitting pretty with these poppers! LOL!

BDH this has to be my favorite. I love the color contrast of the light belly and darker back. I also love the dots with the dots inside of them as the breaking line. It does look good.

Thank you, NJ.....believe it or not, I have fished purple and light pink for yars....can be the "saver" on some days. This one does look nice, doesn't it? I like this one myself.

Hey Boss, This airbrush thing might a go

I've looked at some in the craft stores,

and their not to high. might go down that

road, what the hell, you only live once!!!!

Henry F.

I was half expecting to see a picture of a ripped midget without a shirt on........but I'm relieved that this is not the case. Great fly buddy :D

I was half expecting to see a picture of a ripped sixteen year old midget without a shirt on........but I'm relieved that this is not the case. Great fly buddy :D

You're not the only one Jan. I was worried Chris was sitting home watching DVD's ...and not good ones at that! :lol:

So what team are you on Chris? :P "Team Jacob" Or "Team Edward?" (sometimes abbreviated to 'team gay' and 'team more gay') My gosh, this is the first time I've seen the Twilight fanaticism transcend into fly tying :P

Yacob.jpg

Well I think Jacob and Edward are nice looking...lol. But then again, I am a woman. Big Daddy, I think that popper looks really good. I like it better than the other one. Thanks for the heads up on that color strategy.

So what team are you on Chris? :P "Team Jacob" Or "Team Edward?" (sometimes abbreviated to 'team gay' and 'team more gay') My gosh, this is the first time I've seen the Twilight fanaticism transcend into fly tying :P

Yacob.jpg

Yacob.jpg

Just found this...took me a moment to understand the "team" thing....Just shows how out of touch I am now! But, no, it was named for an older , similar fly that I first submitted back in the pioneering days of this very site. Still a great fish getter on certain waters.

I have a 17 year old girl and a wife who love the twilight movies nad books. they argue with me that Jacob is the better of the two but I always lean toward the darker side of things like Vamps.

Anyway I digress. I love this popper. The colors are awesome and that eye up near the top really sets this thing off. I made my first popper the other day and it didn't look anything like this. I will have to take a pic and put it up to get some feedback on it.