Kingfisher

Hair-wing Streamer Swap

I'm tying a fathead.

Beard - white to hook over a very short red for gills

Body - Gold tinsel

Wing - Brown over black.

---

edit- 10.21.04

I may go thunder creek style like Troutbum mentioned, I tied a few up and they look really sweet. Few more practice runs and I'll be ready to tie em up. Not to steal your ummm thunder TB but the style looks much nicer than the standard hair wing streamer and they have a fathead minnow pattern as well smile.gif

This is it, we'll close sign-up at midnight this evening. Unless someone else joins, there are 11 of us total in the swap, so everyone will be tying 10 flies and sending them to me. Remember a SASE or something similar, or if you'd like, just enclose an extra fly and I'll pay for your shipping back. Whatever you prefer. When the deadline passes, I'll PM all involved with my address.

Okay, sign-up is closed. Everyone can start tying now, 10 flies total unless you want to go the route of 11 flies with me paying for the shipping back to you once all the flies have arrived. Let me know once you're ready to ship them out and I'll PM you the address. Remember that the mail-in deadline is by Thanksgiving (Nov. 25th). Have fun at the vise; I have a feeling that this will be a swap to remember!

Chris:

thanks for the addy.

flies on the way to you today: 27 Oct 04

I tied a "Hairwing Royal Cachman." It has worked for me for 10 years; not a fancy fly but if ya fish streamers alot and give tham a chance you can sometimes get a nice fish.

Hope you all like this tye.

tidbit

Sorry guys. I have some stuff I have to deal with at home. I won't be able to do the swap. About only tying I'll be doing for awhile are customer orders and that's it.

Swap update:

1. me

2. sdnz13

3. Mako

4. geozip

5. TroutBum

6. tidbit

7. Pat Carroll

8. mcfly

9. mmarkey

10. DFix (tentative)

So we're down to 10 people total, possibly 9 pending on Dave's schedule. So far I've received flies from two participants (mcfly and tidbit), and I will be sending an extra fly (or two) of theirs back with the packages. Everyone else go ahead and tie 9 flies just in case.

Chris,

No need to send me back the extra flies: just send along an additionl fly of yours. Maybe something Avant Garde.

tidbit