Fly Tying
Saltydog

"DYING"

Has anyone DYIED any JC Im looking to do as few colors. any SUGESTIONS :wallbash:

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

No experience with JC, but I do a lot of dying. ou are going to just experiment with. With the cost of good JC that might be a pain. Might want to attempt with some scrap material. All different material accept dyes differently so there is no good way to tell you. Just follow the regular proceedrues to a T starting with cleanliness of the material. I also have bought my own pots and do it when the wife is out.

Popular in the UK, but have never seen it here. Favorite colors over there are red, orange, yellow, and chartreuse. Used in trout and salmon flies. While I haven't done it myself, as dontheo points out there should be no reason why the process would be any different than any other feather.

Some times it takes a kick in the head to jog my memory. I saw Davie Mcphail tye a fly with it on "You Tube". He is from Scotland.

Go to you tube and look him up. First you will love his ties. I subscribe to him and he posts a lot. He also answers questions you have and comments. I am sure he can fill you in on it.

Ted