Fly Tying
Possumpoint

I Now Know

Since I've found this site about a month ago, I've spent many an hour viewing the fine to extraordinary flies being tied by members. The fly libraries and tributes to fly tiers here and long gone. Much to aspire to and learn.

My thanks to each and every one who share their pictures and tutorials on how to. I've already learned that I have much to learn.

I know how you feel i thought i was doing good with my flys until i seen the work on here. I blows my mind what some people can do with string and feathers. :yahoo: But i also take into consideration that some of these people have been at it a long time. So i think to myself with more time and practice ill get their.

just remember, we've all had a beginning and we continue to learn something new all of the time. i'm not ashamed to admit i've learned a thing or two from some of my new students. we all see things from a different perspective. there are times novices see things in a way I never have myself. remember, too, even the worst looking flies catch fish. i think it's more important how you fish the flies rather than how you tie them.

possum

Welcome to the club. You have started tying flies. That's good (if you can afford it.). And you will only get better. Especially if you make good use of this site and input from it's talented and knowledgeable members.

feathers

I think you have said it all! The teacher always learns more from his student. And there will always be much much more to learn.

JohnP;

Haven't left yet. PU stopped running Friday in the driveway and wouldn't restart. It was towed for repairs. Yet to hear what's involved there. Then got in wife's car to go to store and state inspection was expired. Had that done and now faced with mega dollars in repairs to that. Been raining for two days and forecast to rain today and tomorrow. Looks like it will be Thursday before everything shakes out and I'll get to go on a foreshortened trip.

Wish I was fishing.

JohnP;

Haven't left yet. PU stopped running Friday in the driveway and wouldn't restart. It was towed for repairs. Yet to hear what's involved there. Then got in wife's car to go to store and state inspection was expired. Had that done and now faced with mega dollars in repairs to that. Been raining for two days and forecast to rain today and tomorrow. Looks like it will be Thursday before everything shakes out and I'll get to go on a foreshortened trip.

Wish I was fishing.

I know exactly how you feel. Earlier this summer I had to drop a grand on my old beater. Good luck when you do get out there!

JohnP;

Wish I was fishing.

Join the club. I think I'm the president of it.

When that sh*t happens, I try to remember, be thankful that I HAVE a driveway, and a wife.

Sometimes I'm more thankful for the driveway than the wife, but that's another topic entirely... :hyst:

Sometimes I'm more thankful for the driveway than the wife, but that's another topic entirely... :hyst:

I love my driveway!

rockworm Posted Oct 4 2010, 08:02 PM

possum

Welcome to the club. You have started tying flies. That's good (if you can afford it.). And you will only get better. Especially if you make good use of this site and input from it's talented and knowledgeable members.

feathers

I think you have said it all! The teacher always learns more from his student. And there will always be much much more to learn.]

Boy do I understand what you mean by "if you can afford it". Bet I've spent over two hundered in the past month trying to replace my flies. Could have bought the flies much cheaper. Yet, feel I'd lose out on learning how to do it myself.

gpd4 Posted Today, 08:04 PM

Sometimes I'm more thankful for the driveway than the wife, but that's another topic entirely... hysterical.gif

I love my driveway!

After 40 years of marriage I can still say I love my wife. My driveway on the other hand is going to pot.

Sometimes I'm more thankful for the driveway than the wife, but that's another topic entirely... hysterical.gif

I love my driveway!

After 40 years of marriage I can still say I love my wife. My driveway on the other hand is going to pot.

After almost 5 years of marriage ....I wish I had a driveway to compare to the wife.They say if you get past the first 7 years you are scot free. I do love my wife with all my heart, but people don't understand...when you have been a bachelor for 39 + years, it's a daily struggle to remember there are 2 of us now...

I love my driveway!

After almost 5 years of marriage ....I wish I had a driveway to compare to the wife.They say if you get past the first 7 years you are scot free. I do love my wife with all my heart, but people don't understand...when you have been a bachelor for 39 + years, it's a daily struggle to remember there are 2 of us now...

a few weeks and it will be our 20th anniversary. Dam', I don't look that old. I don't feel that old either... until I try to get up. <_<

and thankfully, my wife (whom I love very much) doesn't read this forum. And just in case she does, did I say say how much I love her and I couldn't live without her?

:sick:

Since this thread has already been hijacked, permit me to make my contribution. Those of you who have loving wives, and wives that you love, have no idea how fortunate you are. It has been just over nine years since I lost the-love-of-my-life, my fishing buddy, my traveling partner, and the mother of my six sons after 39 1/2 years of marriage. That little gal could pitch our dome tent as fast as I could, and could have camp broken while I was getting our fishing gear disassembled and stowed for travel. Treasure them while you have them, as they are not easy to find replacements for; at least mine hasn't been. And I definitely still miss her.

The only thing she didn't do with me was tie flies!

perchjerker

Since this thread has already been hijacked, permit me to make my contribution. Those of you who have loving wives, and wives that you love, have no idea how fortunate you are. It has been just over nine years since I lost the-love-of-my-life, my fishing buddy, my traveling partner, and the mother of my six sons after 39 1/2 years of marriage. That little gal could pitch our dome tent as fast as I could, and could have camp broken while I was getting our fishing gear disassembled and stowed for travel. Treasure them while you have them, as they are not easy to find replacements for; at least mine hasn't been. And I definitely still miss her.

The only thing she didn't do with me was tie flies!

perchjerker

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. My wife of 40 years wouldn't touch anything to do with fishing. When we discussed camping she told me I'd have to bring the house. Yet she encourages to go fishing whenever I can. To solve the camping problem I bought a RV.