Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Thought I would show you my world

What a fine world she is!!

I grew up right next door in NB.. I am a Wicker Born and Bred, by God I will be a Wicker Dead..

Loved my Bluenosed Friends and Neighbors...

Ahhh... you must be home sick. Thanks a lot. N.B. hmmm... are you called the herring chokers? We are the bluenosers. That does sound odd doesn't?

History lesson for those who care. Bluenosers are not so named because of our world fastest schooner. ( never beaten :butt: :boat: ), it is because our wool mittens were always knitted with the blue wool and when the men went to wipe their noses on the mittens out in the beast of the Northern Atlantic, the blue dye would transfer to their noses. :hyst: :hyst: gotta love it. Yes it is true.

Ahhh... you must be home sick. Thanks a lot. N.B. hmmm... are you called the herring chokers? We are the bluenosers. That does sound odd doesn't?

History lesson for those who care. Bluenosers are not so named because of our world fastest schooner. ( never beaten :butt: :boat: ), it is because our wool mittens were always knitted with the blue wool and when the men went to wipe their noses on the mittens out in the beast of the Northern Atlantic, the blue dye would transfer to their noses. :hyst: :hyst: gotta love it. Yes it is true.

Herring Chokers are specific to SAINT JOHN NB. and yeah man I is one..

Stay were you're to sos I can get where you're at.

There we were three against a thousand the toughest three we ever fought..

Hold my coat and give me a rock I am from Jacquette River!!!

Canada sure is purty...but the US suites me quite adequately ;)

yep you are right that is what she is is she not - Adequate!!

you figure it out!!!!! :headbang:

feathers5 - Thanks, yes she is beautiful. It is rugged but it seems to soothe the heart of everyone that has been worn down by a beast. Some have come and never left. The Northern Atlantic seems to blow air into your lungs with a passion that instead of terror, creates a calmness in your heart. I believe it is her passion. Ask anyone , in any country lucky enough to sit along the Northern Atlantic and they will say the same. She is a cruel mistress that lures them to the depth. So you do not need a friend here to be able to visit. Just visit and discover a new one.

smallieFanatic -thanks, the one thing I have learnt in my travels is that every place has its' own beauty. No better, just different. I have learnt to see the difference. If I came to your neck of the woods I beleive you would show me the wonders of your backyard.

fairwxflyfish - Thanks for the chuckles and behave yourself out west. Alberta is a beast of its' own.

Canada sure is purty...but the US suites me quite adequately ;)

yep you are right that is what she is is she not - Adequate!!

Uh-huh....in other words I think I'll stay here ;)