Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Slate_Drake_9

Sage 00 weight

Has anyone got their hands on the new Sage 00 weight yet? I am having a difficult time finding a store that has heard about it, let alone has one for me to cast. :help: :wallbash:

Has anyone got their hands on the new Sage 00 weight yet? I am having a difficult time finding a store that has heard about it, let alone has one for me to cast. help.gif wallbash.gif

Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Just collected my 00 yesterday together with the Quiet Double taper line here in Singapore. It a beauty to cast, a bit like the SLT 0wt. Will let you know how it fish tomorrow. Notice that the ULA reel sit rather high up on the handle, other than that it a beauty, hey, I said that twice.

Cheers

Qwek

Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Here's a picture of a peacockbass taken on a softhackle with the Sage 00wt. It has a soft feel like the SLt, guess I had been using the SLT for too long and had gone soft.

Cheers

Qwek

user posted image

Interesting they can be found in Malaysia but it takes a monumental effort to find them here in the States.

Madison River Fishing Company is listing the Sage TXL Ultra High-Performance Trout Rods in their '04 Fall Clearance and Christmas Catalog.

TXL00710-3; $505.00 USD

QUOTE (Qwek @ Nov 1 2004, 09:21 PM)
Hi Slate_Drake_9,

Here's a picture of a peacockbass taken on a softhackle with the Sage 00wt. It has a soft feel like the SLt, guess I had been using the SLT for too long and had gone soft.

Cheers
Qwek

Hey thanks for the reply. I still have not been able to get my hands on one here in Pennsylvania to try out. I can't wait though...at this rate it will be after the spring thaw before I do.

A double 0 weight would be great for fishing the backcountry streams in Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mtn N. P. I can imagine catching brook trout on it now. BTW, DFix, peacock bass have been stocked in the canals in extreme south Florida. Farther north, they are subject to stress from the cooler weather.

smile.gif

Sign in to follow this