Fly Tying
vices

Another idea

I have been reading through a few of the threads lately, and I can't help but notice alot of heath or enviromental questions, warning and suggestions.. My idea is maybe an enviromental awareness coloum. Just something people can post updates of stuff in there area or ask questions about anything health related or material storage tips.. anything of that sort. Might help prevent some "hard times" for newer tyers, or help out when a more expeienced tyer takes on a new style or material.. dunno.gif

That is defiently an interesting idea. I will put in on my list of things to consider wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestion headbang.gif

Protest:

Why the hell should anybody from Gen R thru Gen Z baby.gif have any advantage over prehistoric creatures like myself wheelchair.gif - we suffered everything and came through- let them all be inflicted and poisoned and grow some chest hair too! cry.gif

LOL. Man, I hate that stupid Gen X label. Technically, I'm looped up in that label. But I grew up with lead paint (even had dishes that had lead paint accents), asbestos insulation in my house (and asbestos siding). Hell, I was given a BB gun at 7, a full out .270 at 10. LOL. I should be dead at 34 by what alot of the "eco preachers" have said. Including all the chemicals I've pumped into my body. LOL.

Nah, I think we don't need to spin off too much more on the site actually. We have the lodge, good place to have it. May send the wrong message if we had a "eco" area. They may think we're uptight bunch of flytyers (have you met some of those eco types???). LOL.

WARNING: Inhaling smoke from the gift of the gods is not good for fly fishing, but can be helpfull with fly tying though.

QUOTE (Graham @ Oct 21 2004, 08:22 PM)
WARNING: Inhaling smoke from the gift of the gods is not good for fly fishing, but can be helpfull with fly tying though.

I have heard different.I heard that its drinking that is not good for fishing.Belive me I know first hand that it is very dangerous and lost a good freind a few years ago.We were fishing in town,Right behind the police station.It was well after dark. I went to get us a cab home and when I returned all that I found was his hat and gear.We were drinking wine and bait fishing.Now I do not drink wine anymore,and I hardly ever bait fish.I think every day, was there any thing I could of done different.He went doing something he loved to do.So everyone tells me.Its hard but I try not to beat myself up too much about it.As far as inhaling from the gods,if you do that is your business.Keep up the good work. headbang.gif