Fly Tying

Was looking at some different ways of tying a nuke egg and ended up going to a craft store and found these things called PomPoms. Well i picked up a few packs of them they come in many different sizes and colors heck they even come with flash tied into them (Crystal Meth Egg pattern). So I slide one of those on a hook and started thinking of white stringy material that could finish a nuke egg. Came up with the idea of pulling apart a cotton ball of all things and tied it in. It doesn't exactly look like a nuke egg but very similar. It may be just the thing at times you know a slight change sometimes is all it takes. will have pics of all coming soon.

People have tied with pom poms for years and they do work BUT a nuke egg? Don't think so, all nuke eggs I've seen < the nucleus is very small, you must have found some very small pom poms

I wouldn't use cotton. I've found it easier just to buy Pseudo Marabou or the stuffing from my dogs toys after he's done shredding them. The craft stores sell stuffing by the bag.