Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chris norris

Egg Sac fly with trailers

Tied this fly after seeing a couple different post on other sites and figured I would try something along the lines of it tell me what you think. I know all the colors don't match but hey you never know right. Could be just the fly to use on those tough days.

eggs.bmp

Interesting. <_< I have tried something similar to this before. It's a great idea. If sacs work well for bait casters, then why not tie a fly that looks like a legit egg sac? Just make sure you watch that hook size. I cant tell what size you're using, but with all the yarn that is stacked and whatnot on the hook may reduce hook sets. Like I said, I have still to fully experiment. I have a few months...

Try er' out! :thumbsup:

Tight Lines!

yeah Taylor like I said my first one of that style. So it was just really to see how it went. Going to change the hook size and may reduce the number of pom poms I use on the line. If I tie a few more may change stuff around. I will just keep as a just in case fly lol

Guest Big E

You should be able to thread the pom-poms on the mono. For the end of the mono, you should be able to get a knot built up and superglue the pom-poms in place on the mono. It will give you a much neater look.

Here's one I done a while ago.

estaz%20egg.jpg