Fly Tying
Córdoba Sergio

"Stonefly adult"

I do like it. You have a lot of good things going on in this fly. One thing I think you should try with the next one though. The varnish you use for a finish should not be so glossy. Most insects don't have such a glossy shine to them. Be carefull not to make them all matt either, that will make them look plasticish....not good. I use a matt varnish and add a little bit of marker to the fly when the varnish is dry. That bit of marken is just enough to make it neither matt/dull or shiny. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Greets Paul

I do like it. You have a lot of good things going on in this fly. One thing I think you should try with the next one though. The varnish you use for a finish should not be so glossy. Most insects don't have such a glossy shine to them. Be carefull not to make them all matt either, that will make them look plasticish....not good. I use a matt varnish and add a little bit of marker to the fly when the varnish is dry. That bit of marken is just enough to make it neither matt/dull or shiny. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Greets Paul

Thanks Paul. I comment that does not use any paint, only use permanent markers, may be the brightness of the picture. I will use matt varnish, to see how ve.Te appreciate your tips!

Greetings!!

Sergio

Another piece of outstanding work. There are semi-matt/eggshell varnish's available in some of the "home-improvement" suppliers/paint merchants, it might be worth a look if you're passing one.

Another piece of outstanding work. There are semi-matt/eggshell varnish's available in some of the "home-improvement" suppliers/paint merchants, it might be worth a look if you're passing one.

Thank you very much, I'll try to get it!!

Greetings!!!!