Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap: Your Favorite Bluegill Fly

Mine will be out Saturday.

Addy please!

I have been burned by old Addy's twice this year!

I will post pics tomarrow.

Frank aka Student4evr

Flys away...Wife sent them out today.

P1020792.jpg

P1020791.jpg

WOW thanks for the idea on a great fly!!

Geozip, you flies are here and it's a GREAT pattern. I love it. And I know the 'gills will also! Thanks for the extras!

Take Care

BB

Here is the pattern I am sending. I tried to bullet proof a patten i know works well. Hence the name!

Frank aka Student4evr

post-12269-1291452747_thumb.jpg

post-12269-1291452823_thumb.jpg

post-12269-1291452840_thumb.jpg

Frank, those are SWWEEEET!!!!

Curse you winter! I'll have to sit and stare at these awesome flies knowing I won't be able to try them until SPRING. :wallbash: :crying:

I am stoked!!! Some SWEET looking flys have been posted, I may have to rethink my salt addiction and fish the lake more often this year.

Will Dust off the 2wt / 5wt and wait for spring :clapping:

Thanks atroutbum2 and Crackleback. I'll let you know when they arrive.

We received two absolutely FANTASTIC sets of flies today. One set is from RRSS or "Riff" as he calls himself. They are gorgeous flies! You guys are going to love these. And thanks, Riff, for all the extras. I went absolutely :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: when I saw the cricket!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: You are going to have to do a video of that one. I'd LOVE to learn to tie that thing! It is SO realistic. I'm doing a foam cricket for this swap, but yours puts mine to shame! And thanks for the other extras as well. AWESOME. Christmas came early this year.

The second set was from Boynabubble. Wait until you guys see these. It's a variation on the Bully's Bluegill Spider. EXTREMELY well tied. Awesome flies. NEAT AS A PEN! :wallbash: :wallbash: Thanks, Boy..., for the materials list. VERY much appreciated. I'd love to watch you tie some up. I think I could learn a lot by watching your technique. Got a video camera handy? You need to post some videos! How did you get the legs to cooporate so well???

If everyone gets their flies in on time, you all should be getting a VERY SPECIAL Christmas package right around Christmas!

Take care

BB

I hope mine show up soon, it seems like its taking forever. I'm gonna have to tie up some more just in case the unspeakable happened.

Oh Good Grief!!! Wes, your flies arrived days and days ago! :wallbash: Last week sometime when I was down with a cold. I thought I had acknowledged all of them, but I guess I failed to acknowledge yours. My apologies! I usually do a better job of "meister" than that. I just doubled-checked. They are here, in a glass or plastic tube with a screw on top. Great flies. Very well tied. Thanks.

Take care

BB

So far, the flies that I have received are from RRSS, Boynabubble, Geozip, Panama Red, Troutguy, Wes917, Wetflyguy and IBRB. In addition, Student4evr, Atroutbum2, and Crackleback have flies in the mail. And today's mail hasn't come yet. So I may have something to report later. If there are any questions, comments, answers or statements; let me know. I'll be updating the original post with this info shortly.

Take care

BB

Oh Good Grief!!! Wes, your flies arrived days and days ago! :wallbash: Last week sometime when I was down with a cold. I thought I had acknowledged all of them, but I guess I failed to acknowledge yours. My apologies! I usually do a better job of "meister" than that. I just doubled-checked. They are here, in a glass or plastic tube with a screw on top. Great flies. Very well tied. Thanks.

Take care

BB

Phew ok cool, just glad they made it. :headbang: :headbang: