Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap: Your Favorite Bluegill Fly

Smokinprice's flies arrived today and he was RIGHT, they are terrible! :ripped:

:) Just kidding! I only wish I could tie flies as well as he does!

Seriously, Price, I think they are VERY nice. Don't see what you were so upset about. Maybe it was just because you were feeling poorly? Anyway, the flies are here and they are very well done. I'm sure others will say the same thing when they get them.

Now that all the flies are here, I'm going to do my best, if my schedule will allow, to get them back in the mail this afternoon. I'll post again later today, to let you all know if I made it or not.

Thanks to all for participating. It's going to be a very nice set of bluegill flies, and they are going to cover the water, from top to bottom.

Take care

BB

The flies are in the mail! I was rushing to get them done, and when I did my final count on each person's set, a couple of you got an extra fly. I'm not sure what happened, and I may have miscounted, but if you got an extra, enjoy!

And someone, (sorry, I can't remember who it was) who sent me a plastic-type return envelope, rather than paper, will have a fly in the envelope, but not in your box. I made a mistake when I first divided the flies and failed to get all the flies divided before I sealed one of the envelopes. So if you sent me a plastic return envelope, be sure to look inside the envelope well when your set arrives. That's what I get for rushing to get done. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Let me know when your flies arrive.

Thanks

BB

The flies are in the mail! I was rushing to get them done, and when I did my final count on each person's set, a couple of you got an extra fly. I'm not sure what happened, and I may have miscounted, but if you got an extra, enjoy!

And someone, (sorry, I can't remember who it was) who sent me a plastic-type return envelope, rather than paper, will have a fly in the envelope, but not in your box. I made a mistake when I first divided the flies and failed to get all the flies divided before I sealed one of the envelopes. So if you sent me a plastic return envelope, be sure to look inside the envelope well when your set arrives. That's what I get for rushing to get done. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Let me know when your flies arrive.

Thanks

BB

Awesome, I can't wait to see this set. It sounds like it's gonna be killer. The only hard part is going to be the wait until spring to put them to use. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks BB. I struggled with them and thought that they could have been better. Might just be me. Sorry everyone that they were late getting there.

I got my flies today. They are all great! Hey should I have gotten six sets of 15 flies?? Just kidding The flies look awesome. I can not wait to try them out. Breambuster did another great swap. Thank you for running it. Some of these are going trout fishing next week.

Thanks to everyone who has reported the arrival of their flies so far. Hopefully everyone else will have theirs in hand next week. It really was a nice set of flies.

Bullgill, I am running a Terrestrials swap right now, & there will be some great 'gill flies to come out of that one as well. Their is already a picture of some foam bees over there. Check it out. Unfortunately, that swap is full, and the forum rules are that I can only run one swap at the time. Someone else may post a 'gill swap, and my Terrestrials swap won't end until the last of January. But I will probably be posting another one sometime toward the end of January or the first of February. If you interested, you may keep an eye out for that one. I'll try to remember ot keep you in mind when I post another swap. I'm already thinking about what the theme of my next 'gill swap might be, but haven't come to any solid decisions yet.

Take care

BB