Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Big J

Two First for me.

I know you guys have probably seen me posting about brook trout and dry flies here recently, this was all because I have been wanting to catch a brookie. Well yesterday I went to GWNF here in Virginia and went to a very small mountain creek and had a blast! I was using a Royal Wulff I tied myself and even though it wasn't the best Royal Wulff in the world, I still managed to catch my first ever Brookie and it was on a fly I tied myself :yahoo: I managed to catch 4 brookies in total and here is a picture of the first trout with the fly I tied. The first brook I caught was the biggest of all 4 and I was the most excited about. The creek was very small (I could easily jump across almost all parts of it) so he is a good size brookie for this creek. Thanks for all the help guys on what fly to tie and tips on tying it! It paid off and much thanks guys!

IMG_0861.jpg

:headbang: Congrats on both your first..feels good huh?!?!?

You have no idea! It was awesome.

"even though it wasn't the best Royal Wulff in the world, I still managed to catch my first ever Brookie and it was on a fly I tied myself. I managed to catch 4 brookies in total..."

Well, the fish seemed to think it was a great tie! Congrats.

Chuck

Congrats! Now put that fly away for future historical musings. I left my first hanging in a tree somewhere and I really wish I had the ugly thing :)

Congrats! Now put that fly away for future historical musings. I left my first hanging in a tree somewhere and I really wish I had the ugly thing :)

Great idea! Especially since I caught all four on the same fly and didn't manage to snag it in a tree as well (which is very common for me) haha

Great job. It is so awesome when you can catch a fis with a fly and even better when it is one of your own making. Now your next goal should be to make a pattern that is all your own and catcha fish on that.