Fly Tying
FlyFishin'Jam

Fly Tying Music

Just wondering as i am getting set up over here, what sort of music do you guys listen to? Do you put on the radio, or TV? Which shows are good? Which songs are good?

I usually open soundcloud and listen to all my friends mixes and tracks they have produced, i actually DJ too but i listen to Deephouse/ Funk/ Soul/ Electro/ Disco/ Classical/ Ambient...Well a lot of stuff. Shameless promotion, i have some deephouse here, love it or hate it :headbang:

http://soundcloud.com/flyfishinjam

Anyone else produce/ play guitar/ instruments/ DJ?

Led Zepplin, some Ozzy, or if I'm feeling really creative...Pink Floyd. I have a great love for the blues (delta and electric), and will admit to a 70's funk addiction for artists such as George Clinton (atomic dog baby!!!), Ohio Players, Sly....you know the rules.

I have hundreds of hours that span most musical types...lately I've been on a Carlos Santana, Gary Hoey, and Jeff Beck binge.

Any Zappa fans out there...troutbum perhaps?

It's all about diversity for me.

I listen to a lot. But when fly-tying I often go traditional style. Two who really puts

me "in the mood" are Loreena McKennitt and Alela Diane. They quickly close all

doors to the surrounding world.

Examples:

Loreena McKennitt - Mummer's Dance:

Alela Diane - Pirate's Gospel:

/Nick

Bach, Stravinsky, Schubert and more. You get the point ;)

Cello suites, The rite of spring and piano sonatas are amongst the best I know for acustical pleasure. Only mother nature can produce anything more enjoyable.

When my buddy and I tie at his place we will sit there (for like 8-12 hours) and listen to a classic rock station.

When I tie alone I usually have TV or movies on for background noise. It varies though. If I really want to focus on the tying I will make sure its something Ive seen several times so I dont get wrapped up in watching it. If I am just being leisurely about tying and messing around, I might put in whatever my most recent netflix movies are or find something on the instant watch list I want to see.

I use pandora and put on trumpet concerto's (I know, what a geek right) I play trumpet as do two of my sons and my whole family is very musical. There is just something about the baroque trumpet concerto that really hits me.

Besides that kind of stuff I love classic rock like Ozzy, GnR, Poison, DIO, Etc.

Of course I listen to country too depending on the year. Some years country music just has a lot better songs than other years.

I like to throw on i tunes and hit shuffle as well i tunes has some great pod casts about fly fishing and fly tying I also like to tie and listen to them. I will also throw on a Hockey game if there is one on I am from CANADA EH! :cheers:

I usually tie in the morning before work and have the TV on the weather channel...or... I listen to my Ipod on shuffle, everything from clasic rock to current rock, alterative and metal

I listen to a lot. But when fly-tying I often go traditional style. Two who really puts

me "in the mood" are Loreena McKennitt and Alela Diane. They quickly close all

doors to the surrounding world.

Examples:

Loreena McKennitt - Mummer's Dance:

Alela Diane - Pirate's Gospel:

/Nick

I agree Loreena McKennitt's band are great artists.

I also like listening to Any McKee, Ryan Farish, Nightwish, Disturbed, FiveFinger Death Punch,GNR, Def Leppard, Devil Driver, Enigma, Fat Joe, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Kid Rock etc....

I think you get the idea that I listen to just about everything.

Right now am listen to Drowning Pool - 37 Stitches :headbang: