Fly Tying
patrick carroll

Any interest in a gurgler swap?

I guess I lost count somewhere along the way I've got fifteen tied up already just tryin to clean out another Altoids tin, whew the lengths we will go to try and catch a fish!! :blink:

Frogish Gurglers are DONE!!!! Fwhew ... that's about as close to tying production as I come. I've got tons of respect for commercial tyers! I usually tie 2-3 of a pattern in a few colors and move on to something else. Rare to for me to do 15 of the exact same in a short period plus I am doing another swap on a different forum right now too. Can't wait to see everyone's bugs ... AND I really can't wait for the rivers to warm up again and get after some Smallies with these guys!!!

Happy New Year!

Frogish Gurglers are DONE!!!! Fwhew ... that's about as close to tying production as I come. I've got tons of respect for commercial tyers! I usually tie 2-3 of a pattern in a few colors and move on to something else. Rare to for me to do 15 of the exact same in a short period plus I am doing another swap on a different forum right now too. Can't wait to see everyone's bugs ... AND I really can't wait for the rivers to warm up again and get after some Smallies with these guys!!!

Happy New Year!

I was the same way felt like I was making millions of the same pattern usually tie about 5 of the same pattern then move to another color or pattern.

hi mowest

seems like you have been a busy tyer, anxious to see your creations.

I usually send my flies in a 6 inch x 10 inch envelope, this easily handles a small container like an altoid can, anything that will hold your flies.you also need to send a self addressed and stamped envelope with your flies. the self addressed and stamped envelope, I will return to you with your container filled with one each of the flies from all the tyers.

since this is your first swap. be prepared to become addicted to fly swaps. you get a chance to compare the other flies , and I really enjoy the dialog that goes along with the swaps.there seems to be a lot of interest and I feel we are going to see some gems!!!

my address:

Pat Carroll

2230 Lake Park Drive

Space 158

San Jacinto Ca 92583

** be sure to add Space 158 to my address **

have a good one

pat

hi mowest

seems like you have been a busy tyer, anxious to see your creations.

I usually send my flies in a 6 inch x 10 inch envelope, this easily handles a small container like an altoid can, anything that will hold your flies.you also need to send a self addressed and stamped envelope with your flies. the self addressed and stamped envelope, I will return to you with your container filled with one each of the flies from all the tyers.

since this is your first swap. be prepared to become addicted to fly swaps. you get a chance to compare the other flies , and I really enjoy the dialog that goes along with the swaps.there seems to be a lot of interest and I feel we are going to see some gems!!!

my address:

Pat Carroll

2230 Lake Park Drive

Space 158

San Jacinto Ca 92583

** be sure to add Space 158 to my address **

have a good one

pat

Thanks alot Pat ill get them sent out ASAP. and yes i fell that the addiction has set in and I am ready to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm hoping you guys will be gentle with the criticism. I've not tied gurglers before and am slightly anxious about my results. Either way, enjoy the efforts.

Mike

I'm hoping you guys will be gentle with the criticism. I've not tied gurglers before and am slightly anxious about my results. Either way, enjoy the efforts.

Mike

Myself the same. This was the first time I have tied a gurgler. But I have high confidence they are up to par

Mike

Myself the same. This was the first time I have tied a gurgler. But I have high confidence they are up to par

Y'all aren't the only ones these are my first gurglers as well

"anxious to your see fish,o2fsh."

Drinking a little new year cheer Pat? I've got to admit I was taking a little sip (every once in a while) while tying a few years ago and accidentally superglued my fingers to a crease fly I was tying. Took me a while to get that thing off my fingers without loosing the skin.

Please let me know when the gurglers get to you as I'd accidentally put the initial envelope inside the return envelope and mailed my own flies back to myself early last week. Slightly embarrassed myself..... even the postal worker recognized me and chuckled.

Mike

Pat - I braved the "winter emergency" in Nashville and put my frogs in the mail today. You should be getting them soon. Thanks for coordinating this swap. I can't wait for the waters to warm again and toss these topwaters to some Smallies!

received the first box of gurglers today from 02fsh. let me tell you, they are great looking flies!!!

gills and bass ain't gonna have a chance with these gurgers. many thanks for the extras.

seems as though I need to be prepared for more arrivals, things are starting to pick up.

have a good one

pat carroll

received the first box of gurglers today from 02fsh. let me tell you, they are great looking flies!!!

gills and bass ain't gonna have a chance with these gurgers. many thanks for the extras.

seems as though I need to be prepared for more arrivals, things are starting to pick up.

have a good one

pat carroll

Thanks for the compliment Pat. Glad they made it there and made the cut.

Mike