Fly Tying
smalliestalker

My Hott Butt Toads

I've been tying these up and fishing the crap out of them for the summer....Large mouths, pickerel, smallies....They seem to be hot numbers at the shows...I thought you would all like them...These were for an order for a friend of mine....He throws them to Pike...

There is no hook in the tail, just an articulated tail....Double weed guards, rubber legs and stacked deer hair body...They float in the film, wiggle all over, even when at rest there is movement, they even go under the surface when stripped hard like a diver....I tied them on a Lazer Sharp 2/0 Kahle hook.....

Enjoy...

post-22995-1292337198_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1292337208_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1292337220_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1292337231_thumb.jpg

Sweet flies. Are you packing the hair for the whole fly, or a combo of spin and pack? Also, how do you normally put the rubber legs on?

thanks all....The bodies are all stacked....I'm not a huge fan of spinning...I don't think you can get the same amount of hair packed on a hook as stacking...As far as the rubber legs, I make the fly, trim it....Steam it...trim it again, then take an embroidery needle and run the rubber legs through the fly and add a little zap a gap to both sides...Works like a charm...

If you're ever in Omaha, NE you have to tell me so I can steel a couple of hours so you can show what magic spells you use to get your hair to spin and stack that nice. :bugeyes: