Fly Tying
appalachian angler (tn.)

Sons and Daughters in the Armed Forces

Gents and ladies, it's been forever since I've posted here, but, this is a topic near to my heart...I'll be headed to the great Kitty Litter box for the second time this September...I'm thinking of taking my tying equipment this time. If anyone is interested in doing any swaps while I'm there let me know, I'll even take the flies to Iraq or Afghanistan you choice (I fly c-130s to both places), it makes for a cool conversation piece...

I moved from PA to New Orleans, LA so I'll be looking for Red Fish and Speck Trout patterns to swap, but hey it's a good way to pass the time!

~Jake

My step-son is a military policeman at Fort Campbell, Ky. I am extremely proud of him!! Given that, and being a veteran myself, I would like to thank ALL of our brave military for their service. Thank you my brothers-in-arms!!

My son is Kevin Vauls Jr. And he just finished is next phase of training in the Marine Corp. He is a LAV Repairman. I also am a past service member of the Navy. I'm extremely proud of my son and all that he has done. And to all the service members around the world.

post-3866-0-52008800-1365887639_thumb.jpg

I am a Navy veteran (Annapolis '95) with six and three year old sons. The notes in this thread are touching and a real tribute to the character of this country. While I fear what the future my hold for my sons, I take great pride in the support and admiration this country holds for it's veterans. The pride and support described in this thread Serve for a great example should any of my children elect to serve their country.

I wish each of you and all our service members the absolute best fortune.

At Port O Connor, TX they have a fun fishing tourney where they take troops out for fishing (fly and spinning) its Warriors Weekend. It may apply to all veterans i am a veteran myself but i would rather give up my spot to a combat veteran returning from duty.

www.warriorsweekend.org

AA,

Good luck to your son and Godspeed him safely through his service. To those loved ones parted from us now, to all Vets

I've been serving in the Canadian military as a medic for just over 10 years. Did multiple tours to Afghanistan. It's a hard lifestyle for my family but I wouldn't change a thing.

To all my brothers in arm that are no longer with us, you will not be forgotten.

I served in the US Army from 1978 to 1982. I was an Infantry Sergeant(E5 11B20). My son is currently a C3C at the United States Air Force Academy. I am very proud of him and many others his age who are willing to serve our country.

My son has been in for over six years now. He is a Navy Corpsman attached to the 3rd battalion, 6th Marines at Camp Lejeune. He just got back from 8 months in Okinawa, and is on leave and staying with me along with the grandkids for a couple weeks.

Congrats and thanks to your son and his service. My nephew went through Camp Lejeune and wasn't it in the path of Dorian? Several years ago my nephew was supposed to leave for overseas duty aboard one of your son's ships and got delayed for a snow storm. Thought it was kind of funny war was delayed for a snow storm but nature happens.

I have the deepest appreciation for any and all that are or who have served.  Though I never had the honor of serving (bad kidneys) I have many in my family who have.  My mothers oldest cousin just passed and I will be heading to his graveside service with full military honors this w/e.  My service was to the military as a Red Cross Service to the Military and Their Families caseworker during Desert Shield/Desert Storm.

Thank you to all who have served.

Doesn't look like this thread gets updated very often, unfortunately, but I'll do my best.  

I had the honor and privilege of flying out to Missouri last week to attend my son's graduation from  boot camp.  Those Army folk know how to run a ceremony: short, sweet, to the point, with just enough pomp and circumstance.  

Not enough time for any fly-fishing, but we did have some time to see a few sights, including some decent looking water.  Maybe next trip, if there is one.  

IMG_20210805_095821a.jpg

IMG_20210803_115751.jpg

IMG_20210805_190155.jpg