Fly Tying
Green Hornet

A wave of the hand and a tip o the hat

Nice place you have here. I am in South Florida and have been tying simple Clousers and easy foam critters for anything that will bite. We have a pretty nice fishery area here with a lot of fresh water urban ponds that have Bass and Gills and the Indian River Lagoon for salt water fun and the ocean of course. I started out buying tied flies from the local shop and having fun. On my birthday a couple years ago, my daughter bought me a kit that had a cheap travel vise simple tools and a small amount of materials, enough to tie the patterns in the instruction book. A whole lot of fun. I wound up getting a ton of tying materials when I inherited a huge collection of material from a guy that was getting into tying before he passed away. He must have bought 10x whatever he thought he might need of everything. So I have a good stash of material. I put aside the old clamp on vise and splurged on a Dan-vise and some decent tools.

I am looking forward to learning from you folks here in the future.

Welcome buddy! Glad to see more people on here! Don't be scared to post pictures and patterns. I found out everyday here is a learning experience

Thanks for the welcome!

Up until now I haven't thought much about taking pics of my flies, just getting the fish in focus has been enough of a challange!

WELCOME! Post all the pictures you can of everything from fish to flies and ask all the questions that pop into your head. Lot's of very knowledgeable folks here to answer any question you can come up with...myself excluded...LOL

Welome! Tyers here from absolute beginners to World class, and all very willing to help. Don't be shy about asking questions - like my Daddy used to say, "the only stupid question is an unasked question."

MrVegas is right, you'll learn something new every time you punch in.