Fly Tying
mcfly

Paint

While I was in the service, we used to use this black enamel stuff called "Emnu" for touching up buttons, grommets, etc on our inspection gear... It was pretty good stuff, came in small nail polish sized bottle with a paint brush cap and was reasonably durable... I can't seem to locate the stuff here though now that I'm station in Fort Living Room... anyone else heard of the product? Know where I can score some?

Nate H. ph34r.gif

Picked up some black and white nail polish, worked great. Was easy to find as well due to all the halloween costumes.

Wal Mart carrys Hard as Nails. The clear works well for head cement and they also have some pearl colors that are great.

At least thats what I've heard. laugh.gif

QUOTE (harrisnmo @ Oct 27 2004, 01:14 PM)
While I was in the service, we used to use this black enamel stuff called "Emnu" for touching up buttons, grommets, etc on our inspection gear... It was pretty good stuff, came in small nail polish sized bottle with a paint brush cap and was reasonably durable... I can't seem to locate the stuff here though now that I'm station in Fort Living Room... anyone else heard of the product? Know where I can score some?

Nate H. ph34r.gif

Ft. Leavenworth? (Oops- I meant to say Ft. Leonard Wood!) dry.gif

I'm with the nail polish gang on this one. Not only are there good colours at this time of year (which are off the shelves about 2 days after the 31st) there are also glitter ones that are excellent for painting the heads on streamers. An overcoat of normal head cement makes them look 'deep' too. A $1 Store or discount outlet near here has them as little as $1/3. Wet & Wild is one of their brands as is NailGear. I think these companies make cheap stuff in odd colours for the quick sale and then the remainders (the best 'awful' colours for fishing - how about sparkle army green) are in the discount store.

QUOTE (Greg H. @ Oct 27 2004, 06:49 PM)
I'm with the nail polish gang on this one. Not only are there good colours at this time of year (which are off the shelves about 2 days after the 31st) there are also glitter ones that are excellent for painting the heads on streamers. An overcoat of normal head cement makes them look 'deep' too. A $1 Store or discount outlet near here has them as little as $1/3. Wet & Wild is one of their brands as is NailGear. I think these companies make cheap stuff in odd colours for the quick sale and then the remainders (the best 'awful' colours for fishing - how about sparkle army green) are in the discount store.

Earlier in this thread we touched on some of the what to use when, by individual preference. Wet&Wild and Nailgear are available year around from chain pharmacies. Glitter laced colors are even available in the dead of winter when someone is bored beyond belief, thinking about how to dress up their equally boring epoxy jobs or dress up their plugs for the next season:o

Yes, certainly do grab up any funky Halloween colors now.

One product we used while I was wearing dress uniforms continuously for almost two years was Boysen Plasolux- a California firm that made a fabulous grade of urethane based or vinyl based paint, which was used to treat parade footgear for extreme foul weather use only wink.gif , at the expense of having to spend time spit-shining boots and shoes.