Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fish

digital camera suggestions

anyone heard of a Pentax Optio 30 i just got one at kmart's day after thanksgiving sale for $150 with a free 128 mb card included. seems really nice so far haven't had it out fishing yet. my last dig. cam. went to heaven by means of the clinch river "stepped in a hole"! but oh well this one will be a fishing toying also, so you guys may see some fish pics if i catch any monsters like you guys catch! headbang.gif

oh ya the pentax is 3.2 megapixels and a 3x optical zoom with 4x dig zoom did i get a good deal? i have a petax film cam it is great, hope this one will be half as good.

Finally I went for the Canon A75 powershot. I really like it. Have not had it out on the water and will not until next year but sure takes great photos and movies of my little daughter.

QUOTE (flymaster @ Dec 2 2004, 07:14 AM)
anyone heard of a Pentax Optio 30 i just got one at kmart's day after thanksgiving sale for $150 with a free 128 mb card included. seems really nice so far haven't had it out fishing yet. my last dig. cam. went to heaven by means of the clinch river "stepped in a hole"! but oh well this one will be a fishing toying also, so you guys may see some fish pics if i catch any monsters like you guys catch! headbang.gif

Is it the Pentax WR33? If so that's the 1st generation of the WR43 that I'm looking at getting. The only difference is the WR43 is a 4mp camera. If you got the WR33 you got a pretty awesome deal from what I've seen doing the research...