Fly Tying
freddyg

uv tying materals

Are Loon's uv knot sense and uv clear fly the same material? I am thanking they are both unfilled resins, Have asked another forum but only received one reply out over 120 views. freddyg

I've only ever used the Knot Sense swo I really don't know...... would like to find out though. Someone on here should know the answer to this one.

Steve

yes here is an exerpt from J Stockard's site.

This product is the same formula as Loon Outdoor’s Knot Sense in a larger tube. Loon created it in response to fly tyers’ requests for a larger quantity of Knot Sense that they could keep for coating flies on the tying bench.

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item/O...Fly-Finish.html

it is all very similiar there is also Clear Cure Goo and Bug Bond. I don't have any of them but I really want to get one of them. I think I am going to go with Clear Cure Goo. No good reason I guess for me it comes down to there videos. They have a lot of great videos.

it is all very similiar there is also Clear Cure Goo and Bug Bond. I don't have any of them but I really want to get one of them. I think I am going to go with Clear Cure Goo. No good reason I guess for me it comes down to there videos. They have a lot of great videos.

I use "UV BOAT REPAIR" by Loon outdoors. I think is the best for fly tying:it s soft and very easy to use. Remember this: UV does will not stick like epoxy.These are some flies I tye with UV.I call them "Fruits of the Loom"

post-17812-1293211671_thumb.jpgpost-17812-1293211734_thumb.jpgpost-17812-1293211757_thumb.jpg