Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

i used rainy's bee bodies. Cut in half and burned into shape

022.jpg

ahhh! that does look very slick, awesome stuff, oh dear they are now doing 100 'sweet tamales' i really have no idea whats going on. The ones i did had some pork, some ribs, some peppers, some prunes, capers, olives, tomato, onion, and other stuff. The 'masa' was really interesting had chicarone (i think thats pork) . I tied all 100 in their packages, think they have to boil now.

Hey those bee bodies you could probably build yourself by stacking and glueing various colours of foam, i am so being brought back to my school days with making cheeseboards out of dark and light wood, excellent stuff here.

I thought of that too. You could also make some cool damsel bodies the same way. Isn't chicarone pork rinds??

Oh yeah blue and black for sure, with some sort of interesting wings...I like this idea, i need to tie some damsels, wondering how everyone else does the bodies?

Yeah its some reallllly fatty type pork, all fried and processed and added to the masa along with roasted veggies...Banana Leaves are interesting imported from Thailand, hmmz these things are going to be tasty!

i should have brought my kit and vice *sigh*

i use banana leaves a lot to cook pork on an open fire. Works amazing! I tied damsels mostly with a parachute and a twisted yarn extended body. I have used the rainy's bodies before but only had a couple. I got a ton of rainys old school foam.

I tie a lot of these damsels

0144.jpg

Here is a twisted yarn extended body in a midge, I use the same concept but with blue for the extended body. I did not tie these just using them for example

0181.jpg

I finished re-doing my Cahills for the Bergman swap before heading to work.

8 Soft hackles - 4 black floss body, purple dubbed thorax, light brown hackle

4 dark green floss body, light green dubbed thorax, grizzly hackle

Inspired by the pictures of the Ray Bergman Collection on the left side of the browser window, I attempted a Blue Professor. I need to work on that some more..... :down: