Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

post-4936-1298826502_thumb.jpg

deer hair bass bugs....n lots of em. I gotta start tying up some divers, and bottom patterns too. just not sure what Im gonna tie yet.

frogs, mice, poppers, clouser minnows, and a pattern I seen called the white bellied mouse in the summer 09' edition of fly tyer magazine are whats on the list to tie soon.

post-4936-1298826502_thumb.jpg

nice looking poppers! I am going to try my hand at some deer fly poppers today

once you get the hang of how to spin and stack.....it will become a new addiction, lol. The trick I've found is trimming the hair

Lookin good flyfishingtaz. My next goal is to learn how to spin it and start making some bass bugs for myself.

If you wanna spin hair, it's easier then it looks, to be honest with ya. Place your stack of hair (the thickness of two pencils max), on top of the hook, and take two loose wraps around the hair. On the second loop, pull straight down to make the hair flare, and while keeping pressure on the thread, add a few more wraps. If done properly, the hair will turn around the shank. Then pull the hair back, take a few wraps in front of the hair, then add a few half hitches to keep it in place. it's best to spin the hair with no thread on the hook, as I found it helps to spin it abit better. Also, make sure you pack the hair after every other stack of hair, to keep it tight for a good floating bug. Hope this helps ya out.

new pattern im trying for backcountry in everglades

I really like this baitfish pattern, looks like it will slay the fish in the mangroves. I also really like the slider. Nice work :headbang:

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I've been tying a lot lately. Caddis Emerger (using snowshoe rabbit and partridge), rust zebra midges, uni-midge, BWO emergers.... yea, I think that's all so far.

Finally going fishing again tomorrow, and I was going through my box and thinking, wow, I need more flies! This is an addiction for which there is no cure!