Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

I been playing with a stonefly that I might add to the database. It is turning out good but needs tweaked. Here are samples so far. Tell me what you think??

n2fd2us9jjnsffuf222fjfns3n.jpg

2j822sjje9ej4f4f8nl3fj29f2.jpg

You can see from the shadow hopefully what the silhouette will look on the water

fdfnfjfsejdus28ffu32js3nfk.jpg

1 each of several flys. BWO dry, Montana Stone, Copper John, Little River Yellow Sally, a couple Palmers... I'm about to restock some materials so I tied several of my most used patterns to see what materials I need to re-up.

yeah all deer hair and some spirit river wing material for the bottom layer

Well I finished the night off with some tying of red and black foam ants. I combined what the wife liked, the small discs, and what others said on here which was a bigger back end and a smaller head. This I did. I tied up 16 or so for a brook trout swap. I dont know how good they are. I might be a little hard on myself. The wife tells me they are good. Not pleased with the bottom of a few of them. The CA glue turned a little white. Oh well. Maybe the wife is happy since I listened to her somewhat. Five bucks says she pops by and comments. She is threatening to do it! Here is one photo with the flash and one without.

post-10276-1294034021_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1294034063_thumb.jpg

1 each of several flys. BWO dry, Montana Stone, Copper John, Little River Yellow Sally, a couple Palmers... I'm about to restock some materials so I tied several of my most used patterns to see what materials I need to re-up.

I need to make some montana stones. Thanks for the reminder

Great fly. I tied up a bunch, soem for a swap last year, and some to use. They worked great

Yea they killed here last summer as well. I think we actually chatted a bit about them last year shortly after I signed up on the forums. Up next the crocheted crawdad. I'm hoping all the supplies show up tomorrow from J. Stockard as I am going to be home all day :headbang: :headbang:

tied some more of my stones in a couple other colors. I found a cool way to use 2 colors of foam

Here are the colors I came up with Sorry a coupe are a little blurry. Well more than just blurry but I was losing day light :(

This is all orange with orange deer and dark tips

rfj2ls9se8dns22k3jnefuf2s3.jpg

This is all orange with strait orange deer hair

8fr2js932nnefll92ff32fe324.jpg

Orange foam with black polar bear and orange deer with dark tips

u3jr4339s2njj24sn23e3fnken.jpg

All black with black lite bright and black deer hair

u2r22nfjne3f29fd2sfenf2frk.jpg

Chartreuse foam and the top 3/4's of the body is yellow and chartreuse deer hair

s9n9n43fj3989fe83f84jn3fk2.jpg

Same as above but shows my flash wing I put in it

de3fnj3effjrkfsref8fe22s8s.jpg

Yellow body witn 3/4's top black with flash wing, black deer' and yellow deer on top

n8jfskf23f323s932r44njssnf.jpg

Brown foam with yellow deer hair

2n8uejnn2s8r2lu28fsj2fnn2r.jpg

You might not tell but this is 2 colors of yellow, black polar bear, and yellow deer hair

4dfj4f29ffsnrk2n9r2skn2frn.jpg

Orange and 3//4's black top, black deer hair, and orange deer top

essnje39nkern92se8n83f22fj.jpg

Here are all 25 I tied :)

rj22j4en8942esj989fnd29rf2.jpg

nothing special today. I was able to go to the local shop here in idaho and get some more eyes to tie more ice flies

Royal Coyote

With a classic red floss/peacock body and golden pheasant tippet for the tail, how can you go wrong? An what self-respecting cutthroat wouldn't eat this fly? You can watch LeRoy Hyatt and Carolyn Sells tying it on Fly Tying: The Angler's Art online at http://kwsu.org/Offers/FlyTying.aspx Episode 410.

Moscow

post-3955-1294524959_thumb.jpg

RoyalCoyote.pdf