Fly Tying
flyfishing99

Santa bring any fly tying Tools for you????

Well Santa forgot to stop by his nearest fly shop and pick something up for me this Christmas. So next years letter to Santa will contain some pills for Alzheimer's. Since Santa's age is starting to show :wheelchair: . :j_k:

But I did get some Tic-Tacs and cash for Christmas. So I think I will browse through J. Stockard and get some goods.

Cash is always good! I didn't get any tools - just a couple of fly boxes and books. I got Dave Hughes Essential Trout Flies and the Fly Tying Bible.

Well Santa forgot to stop by his nearest fly shop and pick something up for me this Christmas. So next years letter to Santa will contain some pills for Alzheimer's. Since Santa's age is starting to show :wheelchair: . :j_k:

But I did get some Tic-Tacs and cash for Christmas. So I think I will browse through J. Stockard and get some goods.

Cash is always good! I didn't get any tools - just a couple of fly boxes and books. I got Dave Hughes Essential Trout Flies and the Fly Tying Bible.

Hey, I got a copy of "Essential Trout Flies" too. Plus "Soft Hackles and Tiny Soft Hackles" by Sylvester Nemes.

Well not exactly but I got a surprise check from my parents to help buy new furniture for the house and then surprise surprise a friend donated his dining room set so that check combined with working overtime today and new years equals new HMH Spartan soon to come!

I got a new pair of curved scissors for deer hair and three bass pro gift cards so there is going to be more stuff coming pretty soon.

Mrs. Clause was pretty good to me this year, I got a bunch of C&F stuff, midge bobbin, hackle pliers, tweezers and bobbin rings. I also received the limited edition of Mike Valla's new book "The Classic Dry Fly Box"

A Pretty sweet haul for an old guy.

No tools - but I see them in my future - got Leon Links - Tying with CDC book and the revised Fishing for Bonefish by Dick Brown.

Going to keep me occupied for a while.

Mrs. Clause was pretty good to me this year, I got a bunch of C&F stuff, midge bobbin, hackle pliers, tweezers and bobbin rings. I also received the limited edition of Mike Valla's new book "The Classic Dry Fly Box"

A Pretty sweet haul for an old guy.

That's some good stuff indeed, enjoy them! :headbang:

No tools for me, decided to be laidback this christmas. However, my parents gave me a very nice robe from Pellevävare. Sitting in it next to the vise, listening to Siegfried and tying some flies truly is enjoyable!

I got a bunch of tieing stuff, which included River Road Creations may fly body and wing cutters, in size 10 and 20. I have never used them and thought I'd try them, for drakes and BWO's.

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out to create those great segmented bodies though.

Anyone have any tutorials or tips for using them and creating bodies?

Thanks!

Brian

Paul, I love C&F's bobbins (gonna' order another one here in a few weeks). I've wondered about their hackle pliers... I'd like to know

what you think after using them.

Mike

well I just spent my bass pro gift card and got a dubbing twister, a dubbing teaser, a pair of doctor slick curved deer hair scissors, some bass hooks, a couple buck tails, some glass beads, and a 2 fly boxes! Woohoo. Also bought my next years fishing license so I can finally go out!

No tools, but I did get a paperback copy of A River Runs Through It and $200 worth of BPS and Cabelas cards. I'm thinking a new sleeping bag for backpacking and about $170 of tools, materials and leaders.