Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Popper Swap

Swamped at work. Hope to get them finished JUST in time. Not early like my last swap.

Apologies!

Mike

Okay, my version of the crease fly (popper style) is complete.

Question to the folks in this swap.... do you desire that I coat them completely with epoxy? Just the spine with epoxy? Or no epoxy at all?

I typically fish them sans epoxy or just the spine. I think it make them more chewable and the stripers hold on longer. Yeah, they tear up easy, but they work so well I usually carry several in my box.

I don't want any of ya'll thinking I've sent an incomplete fly. So, opinions?

Vegas, I know you'll have a valuable opinion.

Mike.... snowed in in CT.

Im sure my boss would have wanted me to go to work, but after shovelling i decided I was snowed in in CT also.

As far as the epoxy what ever is going to catch me a striper off of Old Saybrook. Justin

Okay, my version of the crease fly (popper style) is complete.

Question to the folks in this swap.... do you desire that I coat them completely with epoxy? Just the spine with epoxy? Or no epoxy at all?

I typically fish them sans epoxy or just the spine. I think it make them more chewable and the stripers hold on longer. Yeah, they tear up easy, but they work so well I usually carry several in my box.

I don't want any of ya'll thinking I've sending an incomplete fly. So, opinions?

Vegas, I know you'll have a valuable opinion.

Mike.... snowed in in CT.

Address please. I went ahead and CCG'ed them for a new look. I will have to make a few more for myself now.

Mike

Found my driveway in CT!

Well I got a surprise in the mail today. My poppers were returned to me. Someone took two of the stamps off the package, so it was returned. Will go back out on Monday.