Fly Tying
smokinprice

Looking to Settle a bet with the wife regarding ants

Which sized foam disc is better?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tied up some red and black ants yesterday. These are size 16. I am looking to settle a bet with the wife. She thinks the smaller sized foam discs look better. Personally I like the bigger ones. Just looking to see what you all think. I made a poll out of this because if I win she wont believe me!

post-10276-1293467857_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1293467902_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1293467948_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1293467992_thumb.jpg

Nicely done, both of them.

I think it somewhat depends on where and what you will be fishing, I voted small because it better suits the brookies I 'hunt' :)

What are you using for foam?

Thanks for the reply Houndog. I am using foam sheets I picked up at Michaels. I believe they are 2mm and something like 49 or 59 cents for a small sheet and 99 cents for a big sheet,

That's good to know, thanks. I should have some of these in my box, I expect they float very well.

Rear large disk , front small disk... Shit I sound like a liberal.. :wallbash:

But that is how I tye mine..

I tied up some red and black ants yesterday. These are size 16. I am looking to settle a bet with the wife. She thinks the smaller sized foam discs look better. Personally I like the bigger ones. Just looking to see what you all think. I made a poll out of this because if I win she wont believe me!

I like the larger one cause my eyes are probably older than your wife's. Also, often taking a trigger aspect of a fly or lure and exaggerating it could provoke a strike. If there are a hundred red headed ants floating down a stream, all having the same tiny red head and here comes one with a large red head, I'm betting the fish go for the big red head and I'll be able to see it easier to.

You don't realize how lucky you are though, if winning a bet with your wife in your house makes life easier, you are the exception rather than the norm.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't end like this:

Kirk

As a divorced man who does not know you or your wife, I can tell you this for a certainty: she is right. She will always be right. Even when you are right, you will be wrong. Once you come to grips with that fact, your life will be much easier.

I told my wife after our first 20 years of marriage that it was going to be her turn to be wrong for the next 20 years. Unfortunately, we are now into our third 20 year period.

I feel for ya brother :unsure: There are no right answers right choices or right words once you say "I Do". I have to admit I liked the smaller one though. Ever notice how our female members don't chime in? Is it a conspiracy of some sort? Is there an unwritten law among women to never disagree with a fellow female in disagreements with a male?!?!?!? The world may never know.... :hyst: