Fly Tying
Betty

Grizzley Clouser Minnow

Piles of snow, it's "Amateur Night" and over 60 years of Dick Clark at Times Square meant it was a nice night to stay at home with some good music. There were some grizzly feathers and SF material on my desk so I just started messing around. My bud came over and said they looked "bad ass" so voila..........BA Clouser. The marabou should give it some life even on painfully slow retrieves. All the best to SOL tyers this coming New Year.

Eyes: Lead and bead chain

Tail: Marabou

Body: SF Blended Fibers

Throat: Marabou

Wing: Tented Grizzly Hackle (stiffened with a little cement)

post-18342-1293897569_thumb.jpg

Superb tying! I'm very fond of grizzly in streamers too! :thumbup:

Happy New Tying Year! :)

I am trying clousers for the first time today and will be giving these a go

They can't play Wii golf....but they darn sure catch redfish and trout :thumbsup: Will be putting some of those in the box as soon as I finish refilling the crab and shrimp box.

Outstanding clousers, ought to kill the stripers this spring!

Thanks all, the way I tyed em so they should sink quickly. I'll bring them to Louisiana this year for a shot at some redfish but they are striper food this spring.

There is not much they won't catch down here. Very nice!

He ain't lying there! Those are great looking, the reds and specks and flounder will jump all over those.

Great looking flies and photograph.

Kirk

Kirk, I was in New Orleans last year and going back again this year. Best time fishing with a Capt'n Greg Dini, he has us on some big fish for four days straight. Lots of redfish in the 20s and 30s and black drum to 46lbs on streamer crab flys. And the food in town was the best, fish and eat and sleep, it could not get any better! Green Hornet, thanks for the words of encouragement feel free to adapt it to your area and let us know if it was eaten.

Betty, what time of the year did you fish? Redfish down here are fun, there are so many and most areas, they do not get much fishing pressure so they are not extremely spooky as I've heard Texas and Florida redfish tend to be.

Kirk