Fly Tying
flytyman1

Valentine's Day Emerger Swap - Due date Feb. 14, 2011

I am in.

Will let you know what I will be tying. Need to get to tying to past the winter blues,

Jrbean1

:D Welcome to the swap!

I'm in. TBD

:) Glad to have you in the swap rich! Now we need just 2 more to complete the swap!

flytyman1

post-29583-1294092452_thumb.jpg :clapping:

Lets go,only 2 more tyers needed, 2 openings left!

flytyman1

simply beautiful

:wallbash:

Hey guys I made a mistake with the number of swappers that we need total. We need 13 swappers not 12 as I had posted, that way

nobody will get one of their own flies back. So that means there are still 2 openings left.

For anyone new to being in a swap here is how it works. The way the swap will go is that everyone ties 12 flies, 1 fly for each participent of the swap not including themself. The flies will the be sent to me (swap host) in a envelope/package containing the flies along with a self addressed envelope/package which includes the postage/shipping cost to mail the flies back to you. The postage/shipping amount to send the flies back should be the same amount of postage that it cost to mail the flies to me. I will then divide the flies and mail them back to you. My address is as follows:

Glenn Edwards

314 Highlawn Ave.

Elizabethtown, PA 17022-1614

If you have any specific questions send them to me and I will do my best to answer them.

flytyman1

Remember to include toe tags on your flies with the fly name and your name!

flytyman1

simply beautiful

:huh: Do you want in the swap or are you just making a comment! Please let me know so I can include you if you want in.

flytyman1

flytyman1

simply beautiful

:huh: Do you want in the swap or are you just making a comment! Please let me know so I can include you if you want in.

flytyman1

Sorry for confusion mate.... was actually trying to make a comment about that particular fly... which is stunning...

But after some rash thinking.... if you'll have a recalcitrant Ozzie...

"I'm In" with a TBD at this point, but it will be on a size 14 hook. I'll think about it tonight and start tying something.... Probably a possum emerger of some sort... :bugeyes:

flytyman1

simply beautiful

flytyman1

Sorry for confusion mate.... was actually trying to make a comment about that particular fly... which is stunning...

But after some rash thinking.... if you'll have a recalcitrant Ozzie...

"I'm In" with a TBD at this point, but it will be on a size 14 hook. I'll think about it tonight and start tying something.... Probably a possum emerger of some sort... :bugeyes:

Welcome to the sawp! Emergers are awesome flies and alot of fun to fish, they are always one of my goto flies when there is no action on the surface yet.

flytyman1

:thumbup:

post-29583-1294203364_thumb.jpg

Thanks for joining in Bruce! We usually tie 12 of the same fly, but that's no problem we'll work it out. If any of the other tyers beside Mr. Vegas would like one of the Burnt Wing Reverse Hackles let me know. I will reserve these for the first 5 other swappers who request one, otherwise I will divy these out by drawing out of a hat.

The swap is now full!

This is going to be interesting... I've tied a couple of proto-types and they seem to be floating alright... might not be quite the fly I envisaged though <_<

Tried again last night.... feeling a little more confident... Will see if I can punch 'em out this weekend B)

11 tied, and 9 have passed quality control.. 3 more to tie tomorrow and I should have 'em in the mail for you monday morning.

:yahoo:

Received a beautiful set of Mother's Day Soft Hackle Caddis Emergers in the mail today. Wow that was quick! Really nice looking flies. Thank's for the extras.

Li'Dave emailed and said his flies are finished and almost ready to ship.

Can't wait to see everyone elses flies.

flytyman1