Fly Tying
kbranch

one of my first flys.

Here is a adams fly i did today, i started tying about a week ago let me know what you think of it and any pointed would be great! thanks for checking it out.

post-30349-1294015254_thumb.jpg

thanks, kevin.

Kevin for tying for a week that's pretty good. I would say make your body a little longer, meaning less wraps of hackle, your hackle tips for wings are a little long, they should be a little over the tops of the palmered hackle.

GREAT FIRST ADAMS!! What size is it? I would suggest everything above ^^^ for your first week you are well on your way! We are in the same swap so I am excited to see your progress!

thanks for the tips so far. I should have given some info about the fly first haha it is a adam dry fly.

hook: size 10 Daiichi

body:hairs ear dubbing

hackle:brown/grizzly hackle

wings:grizzle hackle tips

hope that info helps in the critique of the fly. any info/tips would be great!

thanks Vegas yes i know we are in the same swap i am excited to see some of the flys i recieve! i am just wondering if it is to late to switch my fly to a adams fly now :P haha. :yahoo:

I remember a mighty struggle with Adams wings the first time I attempted the Adams. Looks like you are well on your way, very nice tie. I'd say about the same things that NJ All Day said, but that fly will catch fish for sure. :headbang:

thanks Vegas yes i know we are in the same swap i am excited to see some of the flys i recieve! i am just wondering if it is to late to switch my fly to a adams fly now :P haha. :yahoo:

Everyone but one has picked their flies so I bet it would be no issue to change to an adams. All you can do is ask :headbang:

haha nawh i am not going to still do royal wulffs. Its great to see such quick and positive responses on the forum. since i am getting some good input and tips ill post a "thunderhead" i tied earlier today. also my father-in-law says anyone can guess what kind of vise i have from my pics. any guesses? lol

post-30349-1294018591_thumb.jpg

thats the great thing about this site. People are always willing to help because even the best pros are still learning something

haha nawh i am not going to still do royal wulffs. Its great to see such quick and positive responses on the forum. since i am getting some good input and tips ill post a "thunderhead" i tied earlier today. also my father-in-law says anyone can guess what kind of vise i have from my pics. any guesses? lol

post-30349-1294018591_thumb.jpg

That's funny I also tied up a thunderhead today, I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, As for the vise looks like a Peak Rotary?

Kevin has been doing very well for his very limited time behind the vise, I might be borrowing out of his fly box this spring B)

haha well jeff i just think your happy someone knew what vise i was using with just a picture of the jaws :P and also feal free to borrow out of my fly box haha

Takes a full winter to replace all those "borrowed" flies lol. It's nice when the people you give em to start catchin fish on them tho. Nice job on the ties

well i think i owe jeff enough flies, I can spare to give him some from my fast growing fly box. good to see another New Brunswick'r on the forum!